Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About cheapsmells.com

Options
  • 16-07-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

It seems that cheapsmells.com has good offer on lots of things. But does any one know if the custom will charge me for the delivery? If yes, what's the rate? Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My mam bought a few things from them before and was never caught for customs, however, recently I wanted to order a few things from them, and when I went to the payment page it said there's a possibility that I could get charged by customs once my order reaches Ireland, so for that reason, I didn't order the items.

Maybe if you email customs or cheapsmells, they might be able to give you a more definite answer.

As for the rates of tax/duty/vat, this thread might be of some help to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sabroad

Thanks and I got reply as:

"If we are delivering to Southern Ireland you may be subject to import tax."

sabroad wrote: »
    Thanks and I got reply as:

"If we are delivering to Southern Ireland you may be subject to import tax."

Then it means there is a chance that you might be caught for tax.

If your order is €22 or more, and customs find your parcel, then you probably will have to pay tax. How much tax you need to pay, depends on the total cost of your parcel + there is a handling fee by An Post (or whoever delivers your parcel) this handling fee can be between €5 and €15 euro.

However, if your parcel is LOWER than €22 euros (including postage) then you won't have to pay tax.

Hope this helps.

However, if your parcel is LOWER than €22 euros (including postage) then you won't have to pay tax.

That's very helpful, maybe I'll buy fewer items then. Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I've bought from then on several occasions and fortunately I've never had to pay anything extra.Hope for the best but prepare for the worst

• Advertisement

I made an order today, let's wait and see what happens.

sabroad wrote: »
    That's very helpful, maybe I'll buy fewer items then. Thanks a million.
    No problem, glad to help when I can.

Hope all goes well with your order and hopefully you won't have to pay any vat//tax/duty.

Let us know how it goes.

Got my parcel yesterday, no extra charge! Relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

I thought cheapsmells shipped from Jersey or somewhere like that, that has an agreement with the EU whereby they dont charge VAT. I could be wrong though! I have purchased from them before and never been charged for VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eirej

Hey I just bought some stuff from cheap smells. No hassle or added charges. Pretty helpfully and prompt response when I emailed them to ask a couple of questions. I'll be buying from them again.

Does anyone know where I can buy fragrance samples? I'd like to buy some and narrow down to the ones I want to purchase to avail of the online savings.

Cheers : )
    J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I think it can be a bit hit and miss, i've bought aftershave twice. First was grand, got hit by customs second time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Old thread - closing

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement