Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condition of N18 through Gort

Options
  • 16-07-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

Anyone else !@!&@! about the state of the N18 through Gort. Jesus H, it's beyond the laugh.

I've sent a few emails in the last 2 or 3 years (!!) to GalwayCoCo and in fairness they have always gotten back to me with responses about planned fixes, budget constraints, pending court cases etc. but there's been zero tangible improvement for road tax payers and users - I reckon it's gotten worse!

So how about a concerted email \ letter campaign to the engineers in GCC & NRA & the TDs & MEPs? Or will we have to rely on the OAPs again to make our voices heard? :rolleyes:

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Tagged:

Comments

from what Ive heard nothing much is going to be done until the motorway is complete. too many construction trucks (motorway related) going through there for there to be any point in fixing the roads as they'll just have to do it again in 12 months

There was also something about planned water pipes or gas pipes which were to be laid in conjunction with the road improvements

Nothing is going to happen until the motorway is finished though

It was the same with all the towns that had through traffic for the building of the M6. the roads around Athenry were made almost undrivable by that construction traffic but now that the motorway is finished all those roads have been completly resurfaced and are a joy to drive on

Advertisement