Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice bars in LAgos and Lisbon

Options
  • 16-07-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I'm going to be spending 4 days in LAgos and Lisbon during the summer with my boyfriend. Is there any nice pubs around that might have some sort odf selection of beers..diff to the ones you get everywhere. I know its more likely to be wine bars, but heres hoping !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lisbon's not great for beer (but don't miss the cherry liqueurs from the various hatches near the station, or the Port Wine institute). I found one brewpub: República da Cerveja at Parque das Nações, but the beer was so-so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭donaghs

The Portuguese are fond enough of their beer though, compared with Spain and Italy. Some people like Superbock and Sagres, but they're just lagers. Although sometimes you can find darker varities in the supermarkets.

Vinho Verdi (wine) is worth a try as it a local variety.

Advertisement