Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadet 2010

Options
  • 16-07-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello everyone.
    Well as we can see, the cadetship comp has been announced again. Its being said that there are even less places available than there was last year with only 20 army as opposed to 30, so i'm sure competition will be intense. I applied (unsuccessfully) last year but found boards.ie threads to be of a massive help in gaining information. Forewarned is forearmed!
    Best of luck to all that apply, Without a doubt this thread is gonna be a busy one for the next two months, i'll defentely be watching it myself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Pistolpete1

I was just looking through Military.ie Do you need to have the level 8 qualification for for an Army Cadet??? Do thety accept level 7 no?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

You do not need to have a degree to apply for the cadetship. However if you do not have a level 8 degree, you will not be eligible for the 10 point bonus. Hope that clears it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Pistolpete1

Ok, i wasnt too sure, It looked like you needed the level 8 to apply and i just have the level 7, Ordinary Degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

You will also be placed on a higher pay grade during your training and subsequently promoted to 1/Lt immediately after your commisioning if you have a Level 8 Degree. All details are in the cadet booklet I linked in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Disco84

No lad, anyone with a leaving cert or higher can apply, only benefit to having a level 8 degree is as said by medium well and concussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I applied yesterday for the air corps cadetship so fingers crossed!
    Im just wondering how many people apply for the cadetships? iv a feeling my chances of success are fairly slim as I read in the other thread that only 2 places are being offered! :eek:
    Anyway, Best of luck to everyone who applies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Disco84 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    Well as we can see, the cadetship comp has been announced again. Its being said that there are even less places available than there was last year with only 20 army as opposed to 30, so i'm sure competition will be intense. I applied (unsuccessfully) last year but found boards.ie threads to be of a massive help in gaining information. Forewarned is forearmed!
    Best of luck to all that apply, Without a doubt this thread is gonna be a busy one for the next two months, i'll defentely be watching it myself!
    I can second this - was an absolutely fantastic help to be able to talk to people on boards while working through the application process. I'm an auld wan at this stage, but think I may have to give it a shot again :-)

Anyone want to make a call on the applicant numbers? Last year there was nearly 100 applicants for each Navy, and 66 for each Army cadetship offered. I'm wondering if the figures will change this year for better or worse - though I'd say there'll be a huge amount for the Air Corps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've applied as well. I doubt i'll get it but hopefully having a lvl 8 degree might stand to me. I figured there was no harm in applying anyway as there's nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Hi lads,
    I applied for the Air Corps cadetship a couple of days ago and I received an email back saying this........Although your application for Air Corps Cadetship 2010 has been considered, your application has failed to meet the minimum eligibility requirements in accordance with the governing conditions.

Im just wondering is there any way of finding out what requirement I failed to meet?? I checked and re-checked all of the requirement guidelines and I cant see anything that I didnt meet.:confused: Or is that just their way of saying thanks but no thanks?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Disco84

I dunno lad, as far as i know if you meet requirments they accept application, wouldnt be a case of thanks but no thanks. Try contacting direct maybe? I'd say they're flat out for the week though! Might be something silly like mis entered date of birth or something.

• Advertisement

Disco84 wrote: »
    I dunno lad, as far as i know if you meet requirments they accept application, wouldnt be a case of thanks but no thanks. Try contacting direct maybe? I'd say they're flat out for the week though! Might be something silly like mis entered date of birth or something.
    Yeah I was thinkin that but I didnt print a copy of my application so I'm not sure if I entered something wrong by mistake. I suppose I could always ring and find out! Cheers mate

Definitelly give them a ring Dean, the people in the competitions office were quite helpful last year when I had to contact them. Anyway assuming you meet all the basic requirements (age, education ect), I'd be very suprised at someone not getting to the first stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Skyforger

I applied for it last year after completing my undergrad, made it to the interview stage. I'm seriously considering having another shot at it this year, particularly because my masters this year has confirmed that I really don't want to do a PhD next year, and I'd like to get out and do something totally different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fridgefreezer

Hi guys, just giving my input, this will be my 5th time applying for the cadetship, the breakdown is as follows
    Year 1 Application - Didnt get past 1st Interview
    Year 2 Application - Got as far as Final Interview
    Year 3 Application - Was awarded Cadetship but couldnt take it(personal Reasons!)
    Year 4 Application (last year) - got as far as final interview

I think I might apply this year but I mite be wasting my time!! any other people out there that have applied a load of times for this cadetship?? Competition has been fierce last few years and this year will be no different!! Its all I want to be in life is an Amry Platoon Commander!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Capt Blackadder

Apply. If you want it, go for it. This is time 3 for me. Improving every year so far. Hopefully this'll be the year for me. You too a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

will i be totally out of the running if i was older than 28 by first of december. turn 28 in august.

Got the emails today - the Army is running the same format as it did last year, with aptitude tests first followed by fitness and phsychological tests followed by final interveiw. The Air Corps are going down a slightly different route with fitness test first along with a prelim interview on the same day (both in the Don). Not sure if they're doing the apptitude tests, or if they come after or what. Will be an interesting process anyway, and as always good luck to all taking part! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Martialartman

does anybody know of anywhere to help practice for the interviews and the rest ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 salthilljouno

Hi im in Galway , I can help you out , Ive connections in the Defence Forces at senior level .
    No problem on filling you in in all the tips and tricks , I have a health issue and was turned down on that , Gutted .
    Pm me and I can set you up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Hi im in Galway , I can help you out , Ive connections in the Defence Forces at senior level .
    No problem on filling you in in all the tips and tricks , I have a health issue and was turned down on that , Gutted .
    Pm me and I can set you up .

^^^
    Ignore this person.

No you don't and no you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 salthilljouno

Whats it got to do with you mr fishy ? stay out of my business please . Do you know for a fact that Im not well connected ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Whats it got to do with you mr fishy ? stay out of my business please . Do you know for a fact that Im not well connected ?
    You can call yourself what you like, but you are a liar, and a troll. Please go away.

Advertisement