Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 S 250GB + 6 GAMES ONLY €264.99 SAVE OVER €175

Options
  • 16-07-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I have been following this offer over at HUKD.

After making numerous calls to customer service I have found out that the same deal is valid in Ireland.

This deal will be valid from today, and is due to end on the launch of the new catalogue (24th July)

The game packs are:

1: Gears of War 2, PGR4 & Fable 2
    2: Halo 3, Halo Wars & Forza

Here are the codes for the items so you can add them to your basket quicker.

CODES ARE - 360 CONSOLE 926/3910

HALO 3 GAME PACK - 900/7028

GOW2 GAME PACK - 924/1798

Total cost for console and six games is €264.99

Seems pretty good to me considering gamestop are doing console + 1 game for just over €259:eek:
    Let me know what ye think :D

edit : Cork seems out of stock - games only.

edit : a €7 games voucher is also attached to the receipt with the deal. :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

(This is in Argos, just so people know - Thanks OP for checking this out for ROI!)

Looks like a good deal alright! Dunno will I be kicking myself, but I wonder if you waited to see what some of the local bricks+mortar shops offer in the coming weeks would they beat it? Amazon might be worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Added them to my basket but showing as €439.09
    Whens the discount kick in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

SeanyMc22 wrote: »

Me too. Has anybody gotten it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

what site are you checking off as the irish site only lets you reserve items so as far as I know discounts like that don't kick in till you actually order in store.

I have checked this on argos.co.uk and indeed the package is there and comes to £210

what site are you checking off as the irish site only lets you reserve items so as far as I know discounts like that don't kick in till you actually order in store.

I have checked this on argos.co.uk and indeed the package is there and comes to £210

Ah I didn't realise the Irish site wouldn't discount it. Any confirmation on this instore in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Rang my local store there, said the discount isn't live yet and will probably be on after the initial rush for the console is over.
    He checked on the english site while I was on to him but still said the discount isn't coming up on his computer.??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Rockin wrote: »
    edit : Cork seems out of stock.

Argos in Mahon point have 3 left and Grand Parade have loads. (Of the console anyway, don't know about the games.)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Rang my local store there, said the discount isn't live yet and will probably be on after the initial rush for the console is over.
    He checked on the english site while I was on to him but still said the discount isn't coming up on his computer.??

The discount is definitely there. Just bought it in Cork.

There is plenty of consoles. 14 in blackpool at 3 pm. It's the game/console combo that is scarce (in cork).
    I saw xbox elite selling for over €284.99 with the same games. - they were trying to sell that to me :-) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Got mine in blanch on launch day

Awesome deal... couple of games I probably wont play but they will do nicely for trade in....

Nice find!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Just home from Argos in Killarney with my new xbox. Thanks a million OP.
    girl behind the counter had no clue about the deal but i gave her the 3 codes and it came up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Bought the console on its own in Argos and got a €10 voucher to spend on any game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I hate you Rockin for posting this here. I wanted to get the 360 so badly but i thought i will wait till kinect gets released. Now with this deal on, i am so on the verge of ordering one.

Between this and the launch of Iphone 4 at the end of the month, I might as well split my credit card into 2 and give one each to argos and apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Jut to add to this bargin. If you bring halo wars into gamestop in a trade in you can get MW2 for €5, AVP for €5, Alan Wake for €10, UFC 10 for €10 and Forza 3 for €15. I cant remember the rest of em but im definatly chuffed with my copy of Alan Wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Picked up mine in Waterford today. Asked the girl if she could check out the deal before I paid for it and she asked how much should it be. I told her €265 and she said that was it. Thanks OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Is this still going? Anyone know the best place to trade in an elite 120 gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Digitalism wrote: »
    Is this still going? Anyone know the best place to trade in an elite 120 gb?

*points at opening post*
    ;)

24th July apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

yea just picked one up in tallaght
    thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

Got one in Cork - great saving!! Thanks op, wouldnt have known about.:D

Advertisement