Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

our willie is in the clear

Options
  • 16-07-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭

it has been announced on the radio that our willie has no case to answer on the perjury lark according to the dpp, he signed a sworn statement which he admitted was not true, but he did not commit perjury. can some one on here explain all this in laymans language so as my addled grey matter makes sense of all this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

yours maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Does that mean he doesn't even have to "serve" 20 days unpaid leave, the fantastically inappropriate "punishment" handed over to Ivor Callelly who seems to have claimed €80,000 in fiddled expenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, i'm sick to the teeth of our politicians getting away with all kinds of shenanigans as a lot of them come from legal backgrounds or are heavily represented when they find themselves in hot water. I'd love to see them make an example of one of these crooked b-stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

He can claim he's in the clear all he likes; it will make no difference.

Those of us who object to his actions will still object and treat him accordingly.
    Those who blindly condone and support him and would have voted for him regardless will do so.

The TDs make the laws, and so the legality is not an issue.

If something is morally or ethically objectionable, it doesn't matter whether or not it was legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

Will O'Dea is over rated!
    I'm speaking from a personal experiance.
    He did wong he got caught and now he gets away with it. Thats justice ....Ah whatever.

The sooner he & rest of the Finna Failers are ousted from Goverment the better I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Its a pity though really think about it, wouldnt you prefer to see gun toting Willie standing beside the cannons on the LE Niamh announcing the expansion of our Navy fleet ? Instead we have that clown Killeen who dodges every question that contains the "Limerick" word

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Thats irish politics for you, i don't remember.

If he did get to court his defence would be 'he's from a good family'

Oh and i'd lay a bet now willie will top the pole in the next election ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The only pole he deserves to top is the gallows. Him and the rest of his cronies.

I wouldn't even like to see Willie O'Dea made Minister of The Fence

wood_fence9.jpg

- Even if he is out standing in his Field etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

to make them really outstanding they should have to sit on the spire on
    o connell st dublin for 1/2 each day, (lube should be optional)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kilburn wrote: »
    Its a pity though really think about it, wouldnt you prefer to see gun toting Willie standing beside the cannons on the LE Niamh announcing the expansion of our Navy fleet ? Instead we have that clown Killeen who dodges every question that contains the "Limerick" word

Whereas before we had a minister who spouted off rubbish whilst in Limerick about fighting tooth and nail in the Dail for this region, and then the minute he got to the Dail he always kept his mouth shut in any debates on this region and toed the party line with any Dail vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

Yawn ! Here we go again :rolleyes:

The DPP is independent of any other bodies including the Government

or are we now questioning BUNREACHT NA hÉIREANN to pursue this tirade ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

My willie isnt in the clear :(

Willie is not believed nor trusted by many on here, myself included. The same wishy washy defence he used would not hold up so well for a regular Joe Soap in court, and has not done so in the past. If you think that a trained barrister and a then government minister would be capable of making should a basic error in a court of law, then fair enough, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it and just as entitled to fight the corner of your opinion as those of us who think the opposite.

I know you don't like the O' Dea threads that pop up from time to time, I am basing that on the fact that both of us tend to pop up in them ( and normally have differening opinions on him:)), but he is a local man who has been involved in quite a few newsworthy incidents so of course he will be both a topic of conversation and a divider of opinion on a Limerick internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

zuroph wrote: »

lol zuroph how to take that :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Willie is not believed nor trusted by many on here, myself included. The same wishy washy defence he used would not hold up so well for a regular Joe Soap in court, and has not done so in the past. If you think that a trained barrister and a then government minister would be capable of making should a basic error in a court of law, then fair enough, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it and just as entitled to fight the corner of your opinion as those of us who think the opposite.

I know you don't like the O' Dea threads that pop up from time to time, I am basing that on the fact that both of us tend to pop up in them ( and normally have differening opinions on him:)), but he is a local man who has been involved in quite a few newsworthy incidents so of course he will be both a topic of conversation and a divider of opinion on a Limerick internet forum.

We'll agree to differ then.:)

It had been suggested that there was something more sinister involved in WOD being cleared. I am simply pointing out THE FACT that the DPP is completely independent of the the Government as per the constitution.

We'll agree to differ then.:)

It had been suggested that there was something more sinister involved in WOD being cleared. I am simply pointing out THE FACT that the DPP is completely independent of the the Government as per the constitution.
    the ex governor of the central bank was independant as well, didint do us joe soaps any good tho

zuroph wrote: »

I'm confused?

- Which little Prick are we on about?

:D

Raiser wrote: »
    I'm confused?

- Which little Prick are we on about?

:D

If it is short, stubby, with an odd hair growth, then the ladies here say it is Zuroph's, the other one is an ex minister. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you obviously havent spoken to the right girls ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

The DPP is not a constitutional office holder, instead he is a creature of legislation.

Get your own facts right before you correct others.

In Legal parlance - The DPP isn't worth his weight in Horseshít.

Any Media story involving the DPP seems to hinge on them folding outright, collapsing the Case entirely cause someone forgot to dot an i, or else winding up proceedings for nonsensical reasons, presumably because some unknown Third Party managed to get them to make the problem quietly go away.

- If you think they are venerable just because of some crap title then you've got to remember that at one time the "Banking Regulator" enjoyed great respect, deference and authority in this Country.

Just wait until we hear him spouting more bull about how he did nothing wrong and has all the virtue of a saint. The reality is that he has no moral or ethical fibre and something is only wrong if you can be prosecuted for it. Just like Enda Kenny this week and the golf affair. I'm sick of politicians who have no moral or ethical compass. They would jump into a bath of ditch water and still try and pretend they were as clean as a whistle, despite the rank smell off them that would drop a horse from 50 yards.

The Constitution of Ireland provides that crimes and offences are to be prosecuted in the name of the People
    -THE DPP

Raiser wrote: »
    In Legal parlance - The DPP isn't worth his weight in Horseshít.

I'm embarrassed for you Raiser

Yeah so what? It still doesn't change my opinion of the little weasel. He behaved in a low, petty, vindictive manner that was designed to smear a political rival. That is not what I want to see from a Minister. He should never set foot in the Dail ever again but unfortunately the blind sheeple of this city will no doubt overlook his disgraceful actions because they put blind loyalty ahead of the interests of this state.

Which is why we are in the gutter as a country.

ron mexico you have struck the nail on the head
    bacon&cabbage how come your posts on this forum are defending dispicable acts by dispicable people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

-THE DPP

Do you want to cherry pick some more out of the document, or do you think quoting some text from the very source that confirms that you're wrong helps your case?

The DPP's office was established by the Prosecution of Offences Act 1974, not the constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I am certainly glad to hear that there are no black marks on our willie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

flutered wrote: »
    it has been announced on the radio that our willie has no case to answer on the perjury lark according to the dpp, he signed a sworn statement which he admitted was not true, but he did not commit perjury. can some one on here explain all this in laymans language so as my addled grey matter makes sense of all this.

Dissappointed..... after reading the title of the thread, thought it was going to be something interesting

Advertisement