Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moped

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm new to motorbikes/mopeds and would just like some helpful advice.

I'm looking to get a moped for beating the traffic in the morning and getting in and out of work.

I work in Dublin City Center and just have a few questions.

1. Where to park? I've enquired in a near by car park and they're quoting 5 euro a day, is this a decent price? Can I leave the moped on the street or would I get fined for that?

2. My budget for the bike itself is €500. It'll be my first so I'm just wondering if anyone would recommend a small 50cc scooter for me. What makes/models and is my budget realistic? Any links to any scooters for sale that I should look at?

3. Insurance. Are Carole Nash and Quinn the only companies I can go to?

4. Any other hints and tips would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Will
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

You can park it on the footpath but make sure you lock it to something so it doesnt get lifted up and thrown in the back of a van, it happens.

Carol nash, Quinn, and Aon are your only choices for insurance sadly.

You may get a bargain for 500 euro but you would be very lucky to get one for that price that doesnt need work. A lot of 50cc mopeds are bought by young people that run the bollocks out of them so you could spend a lot more than the bike is worth just getting it to run safely.

Your best bet would be get one either new or second hand from a dealer or someone you know so you have some come back.

Make sure bring a mate that knows bikes if you are going to check one out. They would know what to look for and what to ask.

Advertisement