Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any dublin bus applications?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Am just wondering is there an android app for dubin bus timetables and maps?

Am unable to find find one even bart which is a great application is incompatible!

Any ideas?

Cheers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

thomasj wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Am just wondering is there an android app for dubin bus timetables and maps?

Am unable to find find one even bart which is a great application is incompatible!

Any ideas?

Cheers?

Layar has a Dublin bus plugin but it isn't very good. On Saturday I was in town and needed to decide whether to go right to get the 50 or straight to get the 65b. I just wanted to load this quickly and find out which one would arrive sooner.
    Had to load it up wait for a bit for layar to load. The get it to load local layers. Then pick Dublin bus then wait for it to finish scanning ,y location then... I just gave up and went for the 65. With the app on the iPhone I could just load it and see the next arrival time in 5 seconds. Really need something like this.

The closest you could get is to bookmark the timetables from the DB website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Dublin Bus are introducing one as part of the new scheme. The busses have gps trackers so it will tell you how long to bus stop.

The bus companies in Edinburgh have already done this and tbh it was really ****ing cool. Like the main advantage imo darts have over busses is you know when they are coming so they're reliable. Now busses will be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rynner

When Chris, WHEN?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

errlloyd wrote: »
    Dublin Bus are introducing one as part of the new scheme. The busses have gps trackers so it will tell you how long to bus stop.
    I've always thought that would be totally sweet idea but never thought they'd spend the cash for it, any PR release about it do you know?

Edit: Nevermind think I got it: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/About-Us/Projects/RTPI/

Advertisement