Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealextreme Return Postage

Options
  • 15-07-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I bought a VGA-Av converter of dealextreme about 7 months ago. The item is now faulty. As i have it more than 50days, dealextreme want me to foot the full cost of posting the item back to hong kong.

Just wanna check, are dealextreme liable for shipping cost or at least to refund the shipping cost to me if it is actually faulty?
    Seems a bit stingy on their part.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They're based outside the EU (China) so there is no consumer protection with them at all. You may do whatever they ask, as you've no choice in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Strange they want it sent back, when I had broken DX stuff I just had to send a photo of it, so did a mate of mine.

If it was broken on arrival I would expect them to pay the cost, but not after 7 months TBH, it would be like me wanting argos to pay my taxi fare to go return something.

I would contact them again and ask if a photo would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Mate of mine returned a faulty Zune to them after about 3 months. After they verified it was faulty the gave him store credit for the value of the postage.

Was only a couple of $ but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Thanks for the info.

Advertisement