Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Submission Deadlines 2011

Options
  • 15-07-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm an artist and I have recently returned to Ireland. I'm interested in getting back to work here and I was looking at submitting for upcoming exhibitions. I recall a few open submission exhibitions from memory, such as the RHA, Sculpture in Context at the Botanic gardens, and EV+A etc. but the closing date has passed for 2010 in most of these.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend other exhibitions open to public submissions so that I might compile a list of them to submit before their deadlines in 2011. I am a sculptor and painter and I do a bit of photography, so anything in these areas would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I'll throw this over to Art & Craft where they know about making art. I'll leave a re-direct here so people can still see the thread.

Best of luck!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Join Visual artist Ireland they list all opportunities for artists excellent publication..

http://visualartists.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 howyea

Thanks artieanna.

I am a member of VAI. It's a great publication and the e-mails they send out on a weekly basis are great but I find that they trickle all the exhibition opportunities to you over such an extended period of time that it's hard to plan ahead.

What I'm looking to do is have a list of exhibitions and deadlines that people are applying for on one page. They could be split into different criteria e.g painting,photography, sculpture etc and people could pick and choose easily and simply the ones that are of interest to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I don't think any one page deadline sheet like you mentioned exists. is it that you're looking to create one?

Yes. If people posted here we could compile a list and I think people would appreciate a one stop shop for the basic info. If they wanted to research it more they could go to the website in question.

I know from personal experience that I miss deadlines because I simply haven't heard of them until it's too late. I think the end result from a simple list like this would be a greater amount of interest in the exhibitions and also a better standard of exhibition because of larger quantities of people submitting.

Here's one that I found that I'm submitting to:

Photography-Alliance Francaise-Deadline: September 1st, 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

howyea wrote: »
    Yes. If people posted here we could compile a list and I think people would appreciate a one stop shop for the basic info. If they wanted to research it more they could go to the website in question.

I know from personal experience that I miss deadlines because I simply haven't heard of them until it's too late. I think the end result from a simple list like this would be a greater amount of interest in the exhibitions and also a better standard of exhibition because of larger quantities of people submitting.

Here's one that I found that I'm submitting to:

Photography-Alliance Francaise-Deadline: September 1st, 2010

most i'm aware of have already past their deadlines in the Galway region.

I intended the list to be for 2011 deadlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paintpotannie

Hi, I think its a great idea compiling a list of shows. The one I do every year is Greenacres Gallery in Wexford. The deadline is usually in December and the show is in February. There is another one in claremorris in August but the deadline is around May I think.
    I would appreciate any others you might have heard about also.

Thanks

Ann

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

howyea wrote: »
    Thanks artieanna.

I am a member of VAI. It's a great publication and the e-mails they send out on a weekly basis are great but I find that they trickle all the exhibition opportunities to you over such an extended period of time that it's hard to plan ahead.

What I'm looking to do is have a list of exhibitions and deadlines that people are applying for on one page. They could be split into different criteria e.g painting,photography, sculpture etc and people could pick and choose easily and simply the ones that are of interest to them.

Have you gone to the VAI website? They have a pretty up to date list of exhibitions/festivals submission deadlines etc under their resources section. Alot of the regional arts councils have similar lists on their websites/mailing lists for their region. The Artlinks website for the south east is also a very good resource.

Advertisement