Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Etiquette

Options
  • 15-07-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Picture the scene:

I'm playing in a North County Dublin Card Room at their end of month tournament (E250 FO)

It's the final table and we're four handed.

I'm big blind, the button is short stacked and calls.
    The small blind (who also happens to be tournament director) ships all in for 130k.
    I've got AQ suited, the call will put me all in for 100k.
    AQ suited four handed is a pretty big hand, plus the small blind is looking a bit nervous, im putting him on AJ or a small pocket pair.

After a little think I go all in, pretty standard stuff. (the button folds)

At this point the abuse starts.

'What are you doing?' 'Are you on bleedin Drugs?' (note i haven't even turned over my cards yet)

He's got pocket 6's, an Ace hits on the board and I take the hand down.

The abuse continues.....

'Oh what a player!' 'I've seemed some fu***d up play in my time but that takes the biscuit'

More abuse......

I pop out for a cigarette to clear my thoughts.

Then as im outside a very interesting thing happens, the short stack is about to go all in and the now 30k stack says don't! (ie the tournament director)

The short stack folds and the 30k stack shows JJ :eek:

I sit back down and about 5 hands later flop a pair of queens to the 30k stack, I check, he goes all in, I call, my queens stand up and the TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR flicks his chips at me as he storms off in a huff.

Needless to say it was the tournament director paying me the first prize when I won :cool:, I even tipped the dealers as is customary, not a word of apology though.... maybe he didn't see anything wrong in his behaviour. :confused:

Your thoughts please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Your a very bad man. You should donate all those winnings to charity and never play poker again if your going to act like that.

YOUR ATTITUDE JUST STINKS???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 paddy ivey

what u think u wer beatin there mark?? only buzzin hahahah never would happen in the oul bluff club

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As I said in the other thread I think you should post this in the clubs tournment event thread here. Let everyone know who the club is & let them explain themselves here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

koolkid wrote: »
    As I said in the other thread I think you should post this in the clubs tournment event thread here. Let everyone know who the club is & let them explain themselves here.
    I think the op just asked for peoples thoughts on what happened , IMO He didnt post this to cause any harm to someones business .

Why would you feel that the club in question should be named??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

There is only one North County Dublin Card Room that has a end of month E250 FO tournament (That I know of....)

So they could just come and post a reply if they want to or ignore the post if they did not care....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I've had similar happen.

The "bad loser" as I now call him to his face evertime I see him cringes when he sees me coming.

I always go straight to him and call him "bad loser" to his face.

When people ask why I call him "bad loser" I tell them why in front of him. He's never even tried to defend it....cause he knows there were witnesses to his dummy spit.

Whenever he comes to a table I'm at, I always tell everyone the story of the "bad loser". I can see it pisses him off to no end.

Hopefully he wont do it again.

I've also heard from other players that he's done the same to them, abused them when he's lost a hand.

First of all as TD, he should not even be in the game, second of all, as a normal player, he should just get over it....you free to play any way you want. You bought in, so it is your choice of how you want to lose your cash or win the next persons.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is only one North County Dublin Card Room that has a end of month E250 FO tournament (That I know of....)

So they could just come and post a reply if they want to or ignore the post if they did not care....:cool:
    There is more than one. Bluff in Swords also do a monthly game. I can clarify it wasn't Bluff.

There is more than one. Bluff in Swords also do a monthly game. I can clarify it wasn't Bluff.

OK, let list them.

• Westbury
    • Bluff
    • Voodoo
    • D1
    • Atari
    • Parkside

Did I miss any???

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

The club is named over on irishpokerboards. Why doesnt op name it here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭parkside poker

OK, let list them.

• Westbury
    • Bluff
    • Voodoo
    • D1
    • Atari
    • Parkside
    Did I miss any???

well i can say its not PARKSIDE , as i was over in Bluff on thursday playing in the tourney i got the full story , thats all that was talked about so i know the club in question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Everybody knows the club in question. of course it was out of order. the only point here really is if the td should be playing in the tournament. obviously not imo. he is either playing poker or running a business but they dont mix. Its best not to name any other club in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

The club was Barcode!

raheny red wrote: »
    The club was Barcode!
    It was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

It was not.

Woooosssshhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Give me a W.....Give me an E......Give me an S............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭IPPT

Barcode there has been no game in Barcode since March

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

This has been done over on another website, hasn't it? An apology was offered over there. What's still to discuss?

Advertisement