Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh 2010

Options
  • 15-07-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Any boardsies doing a full/limited run at the festival. Plug your shows here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Barry Mack

The Young and the Feckless, City Cafe, Edinburgh
    aug 5th-20th 00.45

Two comedians, last calls for alcohol and nothing but good times.

Kevin Goldsmith, like the fabled Aladdin he stole a copy of on video when a child, is a boisterous and charming comedian as seen on RTE Television Des Bishop's Joy In Da Hood.
    ... With his striking storytelling,
    he is the animated Ying to Barry Mack's devilishly deadpan Yang.

Barry Mack Cuts up the English language with his edgy one-liners and serving them up in a souffle of surreal word play, he returns to once again push the envelope and deliver the goods.

Head on down to the show.

Sure go on.

keep up to date on twitter

@youngnfeckless

or facebook.com/barry.mack

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

How about everyone plug some Fringe shows that they're looking forward to?

I went to the Fringe website to check their comedy listings and they just list the 800+ shows... no way to really check by venue or dates that I'll be around. Is there a better way to clock which acts are meant to be killing it right now? The Guardian's must-see list is full of familiar names.

Or am I over-thinking this? Is the idea to just head to the Royal Mile and see who's out touting the hardest?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

I've bought tickets to see David O'Doherty on Wednesday, its a preview show so only £6. I've noticed that a few acts (Tommy Tiernan and Rhod Gilbert) are only there for the last week so check online if there is a big name you want to see.

Planning on seeing Greg Davies and Emo Philips over the weekend but then its going to be word of mouth and checking http://www.edinburgh-festivals.com/. I think they review every show so its a good place to start planning from Wednesday onwards.

Walking the Royal mile is good bet, also head to the pleasance courtyard for drinks in the beer garden and you can pick up free/discounted tickets to shows that haven't sold out.

Any tips are appreciated, especially from stand ups cos I would love to see some acts that professional stands up recommend.

Advertisement