Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you record?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

So, when you're playing a game, do you constantly record? Due to the heaps of gigs that the footage on my card takes up, it makes it difficult. I tend to try my best to record all the time in case I get a magical moment in a game.

So, do tell. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So far, with the only real game I can record being TF2, I just set the game to constantly record demo files since they're much smaller.
    However, I will specifically FRAPS special games or special events in advance.

I would do the constant recording just in case, but file size would be a huge issue, especially if I have stuff still on my footage hard drive from previous recordings not yet processed. Besides, nothing interesting ever happens randomly in TF2, right...?

When my cap. card arrives, I'll see what it's HDD requirements are like, and depending on that, I may record "just in case".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Every. single. game... just in case...

I don't mind recording at all, but since I did, I have had to stop playing TDMX because I need time to set things uo and rename files :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

When I'm bothered. Theres a 'Record delay' option in xfire so it'll actually record a while before you hit the record button. Basically stores some uncompressed raw video in the temp folder

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I tend to bring the cam with me to every fighting game tournament I can get to, I record about 15 fights every 2 weeks in average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Very rarely , if we're having a boards night i might record one or two matches.I usually forget about it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Tallon wrote: »
    Every. single. game... just in case...

I don't mind recording at all, but since I did, I have had to stop playing TDMX because I need time to set things uo and rename files :)

Bahaha, the software I use is awesome. If I name a file and end it in "1", it automatically sets the next recording but changes it to the name and then "2" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yeah mine too, but when I record a match I always put in the match name, type and score and if it's a bastard series or whatever.

Handy for finding later

Tallon wrote: »
    Yeah mine too, but when I record a match I always put in the match name, type and score and if it's a bastard series or whatever.

Handy for finding later

Ah right, with so many series going it'd make sense for you to be organised. I tend to dump them all into a folder and just spend hours rooting through them. :pac:

I'm such a pixelated slob. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

If you compress the videos they will take up much less space.

richieffff wrote: »
    If you compress the videos they will take up much less space.

I usually convert them to MP4 and it hugely reduces the quality. I also tend to just trash the videos with nothing interesting in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

i usually record every match on mw2 or fifa but stop it at the end of the game and start recording the next game when it starts that way if theres no footage i could use out of that match i can simply delete it or if i want to use it i simply rename it with a suitable title

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

mostly when I'm on for a clan night, or looking to create some sequences..
    At 6GB for ten mins, the intensity chews through disk space pretty rapidly.

Advertisement