Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding on Zyxel Router P-660HW -T1 v3

Options
  • 14-07-2010 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I have read all of the earlier post about unsuccessful attempts to get the Zyxel router to forward ports. I have setup nat, lowered the firewall and enabled WAN to LAN traffic. All attempts have failed. I downloaded the latest version of firmware (C04) but it wont upload the bin file. Any last suggestions before I chuck it in the bin ....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Have you tried it with the firewall off just to see if your NAT rules are correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

Yep,I turned the firewall off and I have setup a service called Stream to forward traffic on port 1755 to 192.168.1.5 (local p.c) running windows media encoder.

If I try to access the mms://router ip:1755 it times out but if I mms://192.168.1.5:1755 it plays fine.

I used to have this working no probs with the old Netopia router. From what I can see no one has been able to get this working on this model of the Eircom Zyxel.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

OK I've never used MMS but I have used lots of Zyxels inculding some of eircoms without issue. Do you have Windows Firewall or any other software firewall enabled on your PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

mrfreddred wrote: »
    I have read all of the earlier post about unsuccessful attempts to get the Zyxel router to forward ports. I have setup nat, lowered the firewall and enabled WAN to LAN traffic. All attempts have failed. I downloaded the latest version of firmware (C04) but it wont upload the bin file. Any last suggestions before I chuck it in the bin ....?

it does work, i am using one, and its by far the best router i have used so far.
    have you enabled nat? i set firewall to custom, and created a firewall rule to allow traffic.

also, check the log under maintenance, and see what is happening on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

ingen wrote: »
    it does work, i am using one, and its by far the best router i have used so far.
    have you enabled nat? i set firewall to custom, and created a firewall rule to allow traffic.

+1 I have three 660-HW' ADSL routers running on three different servers and all port forward on port 3389 and port 4125 for rww.. you need to ensure you have nat enabled and the correct static ip of system to send packet to - you need to set this even if local system and that you have corresponding firewall rule to allow traffic to those ports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hey guys I just got one of these today as my old netopia broke. I went on today set my firewall to low and went on mw2 on my xbox ( I don't play it anymore ) to see what my nat type was and it said open. Is this a fluke? or will it stay like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

Ok,

1. I have enabled NAT, set port forwarding 1755 to 192.168.1.4 (Laptop running Windows Media Encoder).
    2. I then went and set Firewall to custom and then into Rules.
    3. I cannot see the Services that I created "Stream" listed at all so I just enabled ALL for LAN to WAN and vice versa. The port is open as I checked on "Can you see me.org" BUT ... I cannot get the Stream to play when I launched the encoder.

I think the problem is with step 3 above because on the Old Netopia the custom service WAS on the list and I used to select it. How is this done on the new router?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lowlife

ingen wrote: »

I gave up on this router in the end - It's behaviour seemed totally unpredictable and I began to think I was going crazy. Replaced it with a Motorola 2247-62 (Also from Eircom BTW) and bingo, problem solved. If you want to stay sane, I recommend you do the same.:D

Advertisement