Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundations

Options
  • 14-07-2010 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Can someone tell me what size foundations I need for a room with floor space of 24ft long by 18ft wide please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

most foundations are installed as three times the width of the wall and 12" deep, some will say overkill though concrete is cheap first time round.
    so assuming its detached 7.8mtsL + 6.0mtsL x2 x 0.9mtsW x 0.3mtsD (which includes building plus 600mm bearings ) = 7.45mts3 concrete,
    rough price for 35n 70euros a metre plus vat depending on location......
    hope this helps!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pedanticnerd

Thanks Martin! Im a total novice at this!! Im building a snooker room out my back garden. I will be using cavity blocks for the walls. So Im assuming a strip foundation will be sufficient? I have to build it myself because all the quotes I got were mental!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Can someone tell me what size foundations I need for a room with floor space of 24ft long by 18ft wide please

Attached cross section from a programme I use.

Hope this helps

Advertisement