Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanuts for birds

Options
  • 14-07-2010 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Where is the best place in Dublin to buy peanuts for the bird feeder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I got a 25Kg sack for €38 from Pet World in Sallynoggin. Good quality nuts. There might be cheaper out there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

I was thinking more along the lines of 2.5kg bags , Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

You can get 4 pound bags in Woodies. Dunno how price competitive they are, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

You can get 4 pound bags in Woodies. Dunno how price competitive they are, though...

Woodies and all those big DIY/garden centre stores are robbery when it comes to bird food. Pet World do sell smaller bags but I didn't price them. My advice is to shop around, there is a huge variation in price from place to place and you can get ripped off badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

The cheapest 2.5kg bags I have seen are in a asian shop in the city centre ,
    they are pink peanuts(award wining medal brand) they are for humans , but they have no added salt etc
    They are just the same as the peanuts in the garden centre(to look at) , but as they are fit for humans I suppose they are more of a treat for the birds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ive come across petconnection.ie (Newry i think), 25kg for 26£ with 6.99£ delivery for up to 30kg. My local connaught gold garden center is doing 25kg bags for 38€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 klicha10

nice post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I got a 5kg bag for a tenner in Breffni Pets in Windy Arbour near Dundrum on Saturday, can't remember how much the 2.5kg bags were.

Advertisement