Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown bypass?Where exactly is it?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

From July 25th Dublin Bus are now extending the 39a route to UCD (yay). The (a) doesnt go through the village but stops at Blanchardstown Bypass
    Where exactly is the stop thats on the way into town? Up by the NAC or nearer the centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

anniehoo wrote: »
    From July 25th

Wait, where did you see them saying the new timetables are taking effect on the 25th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I assume the will up the map with the stops when the route it changed.
    Also where did you hear/see it was happening in the 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

anniehoo wrote: »
    Where exactly is the stop thats on the way into town? Up by the NAC or nearer the centre?

There's a stop just after the turn for the village as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭thomasj

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I assume the will up the map with the stops when the route it changed.
    Also where did you hear/see it was happening in the 25th?

Dublin bus are still saying 25th. Said it to me yesterday although seeing is believing. Said though we will be waiting another couple of days on the timetable

Stark wrote: »
    There's a stop just after the turn for the village as far as I know.

Thats outbound, i was hoping with the bypass shaping up there maybe a busstop installed near the gym but the buses using blanch bypass seem to be using the new stretch of road on the far side beside the existing northbound m50 road and over the bridge so it might be tough to find a spot!

If i was to hazard a guess id say Its looking like the stop before the bypass will be the centre (maybe beside pc world or else opposite ebays offices)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Rang DB today and they told me itd be July 25th

These new routes are actually worse for me rather than better as itd be a 25min walk to the Centre compared to a 10min to the village. Ah well...stick with the car so!

where about are you?

Edit: i see from the other thread you are in waterville so i presume you would pass the n3 spaghetti junction before turning left heading towards tractormotors and the garda station. If you turn right instead as if you are walking towards the centre there is a busstop opposite westpoint gym just before that horrible junction. I reckon if the 39a is going to use that junction to get down to the bypass then that busstop will be handy.

Need to confirm with dublin bus though.

Advertisement