Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grow mens hair longer/how long?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

i'm looking to grow a mullet (no, not a Down South american one, i want the one which a lot of men have now which goes down past the ears). here is an example (i no, its ronaldo :( best i could find) http://coolmenshair.com/2009/01/cristiano-ronaldo-hairstyles.html#fauxhawk how long would it take me to get this look? (i got a crew cut with 2 on the back and sides about a month ago and i haven't touched it since). also, is there anything i could do to speed up the process?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

forgot to add that i want this look in 7 weeks time, is this enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

First off, I have to admit I hate that hairstyle- but each to their own & all that jazz! :o I'd say it mightn't be as long as that in 7 weeks but you'll certainly be able to style your hair enough that it'll resemble that look. You could ask a hairdresser maybe closer to the time you want it how you might do that- bring that Ronaldo photo with you so that they know what you mean.

As regards speeding up the growth process- I wish! I'd love to have hair about 2-3 inches longer than it is but never seem to be able to get past the length it is now. So I guess you might just have to be patient on that part... Hope you get the style you want eventually though!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Firstly; go to a hairdressers/barbers that knows what the hell they are doing!!! About 3 years ago, I grew my hair out long for ages and went to get a mullet.

I wanted the proper, offensive, 1980's job (see: Def Leppard, Bon Jovi et al) and even brought pictures to the salon and said to her: "This is what I want" (Don't ask my why)

But no... she made a mess of it and gave me a modern trendy mullet... I was so pissed off. I went to a barber, got a blade 4 all over and sulked for a week... I had never had a mental haircut and just wanted one once... And it was destroyed on me...

So go to a barber/hairdresser who can and will do it proper and listen to your requests!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Firstly; go to a hairdressers/barbers that knows what the hell they are doing!!! About 3 years ago, I grew my hair out long for ages and went to get a mullet.

I wanted the proper, offensive, 1980's job (see: Def Leppard, Bon Jovi et al) and even brought pictures to the salon and said to her: "This is what I want" (Don't ask my why)

But no... she made a mess of it and gave me a modern trendy mullet... I was so pissed off. I went to a barber, got a blade 4 all over and sulked for a week... I had never had a mental haircut and just wanted one once... And it was destroyed on me...

So go to a barber/hairdresser who can and will do it proper and listen to your requests!

God that would be horrible. i would hate to leave it grow for ages and be left disappointed due to a bad hairdresser.

Ollchailin wrote: »
    First off, I have to admit I hate that hairstyle- but each to their own & all that jazz!
    Don't worry, most people hate it on boards from the threads i have read :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Don't worry, most people hate it on boards from the threads i have read :D

In fairness the main reason I hate it is because I'm a teacher & every second teenage boy sitting in front of me this year seem to have it! I'd say if I wasn't in the job I'm in I probably wouldn't even notice! I suppose it's just a bit faddish- but then a lot of things I have hanging in my wardrobe probably are faddish too, and they cost a hell of a lot more than a haircut (:o) so I say go for it- especially with hair, sure if you hate it, just cut it!

Well, I don't know how long its been, but I finally got the haircut. And the barber didn't mess it up :)

Advertisement