Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire Review

Options
  • 14-07-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Got a few minutes so I thought i'd post up a few comments on the Desire, I'm coming from and WM5 ipaq and Nokia N95 8GB

So first impression: Primarily the sync with Google is a big advantage for me, I was able to do it with Nokia mail for exchange, but the Calendar app with Desire shows all my calendars and that of the family, now that's useful! I like the HTC sense and the multi-desktop approach.

I'm still getting used to the touch screen, I've accidentally made two calls because of my big thumbs! There's some great apps too, Google Goggles, take a picture of a wine bottle and get a review.

Battery lasts about the day, but that was the same for my PDA

The N95 has some better hardware interfaces namely the AV out via the 3.5mm socket, the secondary camera for video calls (not that I could make them!) the sound quality from the speakers was a league above the Desire and I think the camera was better.

I miss the handwritten notes and mobireader and OSMTracker (yes I know there's a port in progress) on the PDA. Also the Desire doesn't play DivX or XVid, even some avi's from the nokia.

And finally, the one big thing, the Desire doesn't hook up with my Bluetooth GPS dongle, it pairs okay but don't use it.

That's it for now, I'm glad I changed and I'm sure I'll have more +'s and -'s when I get to use it more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

I also thought that coming from Linux there'd be a load of open source ports of different software, cut down versions of gnumeric etc., but most of the apps (although they are good) seem to be closed source / paid for. Maybe that will change as the platform gets more mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Advertisement