Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Word 2007 - Seriously need help!

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi I entered the wrong product key now i can't activate it! It keeps telling me to uninstall it and reinstall it! but I don't know how! any help? it was already installed on my computer when i got it so i don't know what to do! please help! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hi I entered the wrong product key now i can't activate it! It keeps telling me to uninstall it and reinstall it! but I don't know how! any help? it was already installed on my computer when i got it so i don't know what to do! please help! :(

ask whoever you got your computer from to give you the correct product key then go to add / remove programs and remove it and re install using correct product key.. if it was on your PC before you got it, do you mean a brand new PC? because normally with O 2007 the install wont complete without the correct key being entered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bluebell191

corkcomp wrote: »
    ask whoever you got your computer from to give you the correct product key then go to add / remove programs and remove it and re install using correct product key.. if it was on your PC before you got it, do you mean a brand new PC? because normally with O 2007 the install wont complete without the correct key being entered

yeah i got it for my birthday! its brand new and its a notebook by eee PC. it popped up asking me to input the product key but i typed it in wrong! so i can't activate it, it is telling me to unistall and reinstall it. I dunno how to install it again coz it was on my computer when i got it.....so i dont want to uninstall it if i can't reinstall it! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

If you have a product key, then you can try the steps described here or here. Make sure you back up your registry before you begin.

If you don't have the installation media for Office 2007, downloading a trial will also work if you install it with your product key. Now Microsoft have released Office 2010, trials of 2007 are harder to find, but I'm sure there's one out there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Was it a trial version was on the notebook?

If the worst comes to the worst, you can get Open Office for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭zeemax

if it helps ya i have mircosoft office 2007 on a gig stick. i could put it on a disk and post it to ya. no product key neede. and its the full office set up word publisher excel access powerpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Is a second hand or new Asus eeePC? if new you should the disk, if it second-hand try openoffice it's free( no product key) and compatible with .doc files

Advertisement