Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trout river - Eastern Ireland

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I am just back from a fishing trip in Slovenia where I completey fell in love with trout fishing in Rivers. I am looking for somewhere in the East of the country where I could chase some nice big Rainbows and Browns! Anyone have any suggestions where would be good? I am based in the Dublin area but am willing to travel around the east. Would I be better off joining an Angling club as alot of the waters seem to be controlled by them. Also do people on here ever meet up to fish, I am afraid none of my mates are into it and would love to meet other fishermen. Thanks for all the help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

john_g83 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    I am just back from a fishing trip in Slovenia where I completey fell in love with trout fishing in Rivers. I am looking for somewhere in the East of the country where I could chase some nice big Rainbows and Browns! Anyone have any suggestions where would be good? I am based in the Dublin area but am willing to travel around the east. Would I be better off joining an Angling club as alot of the waters seem to be controlled by them. Also do people on here ever meet up to fish, I am afraid none of my mates are into it and would love to meet other fishermen. Thanks for all the help! :)

John you are better off contacting some of the trout angling clubs that control stretches of river, some of them will give day tickets and others you can join…public ‘free’ stretches are often over fished and devoid of good trout…the Boyne and Kells Blackwater has good clubs…you will get the details on the net easy enough.. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

surripere wrote: »
    PM sent

Replied :)

Advertisement