Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a pigeon jim, but not as I know it....

Options
  • 14-07-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Just eating my brekkie when I spotted this guy on my balcony....colour i haven't seen before. Is it common?

DSCF9048.jpg

DSCF9047.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I would sincerely not mind the 15+ pigeons in our back garden if they were as cute as that guy.

We do have one with a mottled black/white head with white splashes of feathers here and there, he's called Cowpigeon.

That said, that guy's head does not look very pigeoney?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

I think it might just be the head feathers making the head look a bit more bulbous....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I think it might just be the head feathers making the head look a bit more bulbous....

Yeah, you're right I think.

Magpige? Pigepie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

You've found King Pige's brother!

I've a picture of him attached, it's not too great. I'll upload a better one later.
    118133.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

That looks like some breed of tumbler pigeon. Fancy pigeon keepers breed and show these birds, along with fantails, chinese owls, bermingham rollers and the likes. This lad probably got spooked of the loft and lives nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Just eating my brekkie when I spotted this guy on my balcony....colour i haven't seen before. Is it common?

DSCF9048.jpg

DSCF9047.jpg
    That is a Gickna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ok so here's another picture of King Pigeon.

P070510_20.34.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

haven't seen it this morning....but interesting while he was around!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

@ recedite.......thems boy racer pidgeons :D

• Advertisement

There is one theory that its a mutation to stave off peregrine attacks. Either that or they have a screw loose in the brain. I'd like to see a peregrine have a go.... it would be some aerial dogfight! :D

Advertisement