Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get a postgrad approved for BTEA?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I just got accepted for a postgrad but it looks like I won't be getting a grant. As of this year I believe you now have to be out of education for 3 years in order to get a grant for a postgrad as an independent mature student (why!?). So that change has ruled me out (I'm 2 years out of my degree).

I don't think I'm eligible for the Back to Education Allowance either as the only postgrad supported is a h.dip (why!?). However I just came across this:
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW70/Pages/BEducationtraininganddevelopmentcourses.aspx
    It kind of suggests that if you could get a course approved by a facilitator then you may be eligible for the BTEA.

Does anybody know anything about this? Is there any chance of getting a postgrad approved by a facilitator for the BTEA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rhonda15

I have the same question.

Would love some info on this.

I hope to go back and do a masters and get the BTEA, otherwise I'm back on the dole which is the same amount as the BTEA anyway.

Advertisement