Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef US with Gordon Ramsay (starts 27th July)

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭

Starts a fortnight from today (27th July) in the US.

I'm looking forward to this.. as I always find Ramsay watchable despite how hokey 'Kitchen Nightmares US' has become.

This could be good fun albeit in a heavily-scripted OTT way that only reality TV on Fox can manage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The last season of Kitchen Nightmares was painful (and followed such a rigid format), and Hells Kitchen has become very repetitive ("the next shocking Hells Kitchen has to be seen to be believed" :rolleyes:), but I have high hopes for masterchef. Not even Fox's overproduction can f**k it up. Right? Right?

Looks like they're following the New Zealand format (once a week, one person eliminated per week).

After following the UK version (both the regular version and junior version!), the New Zealand version, the Celebrity Aussie version, and currently watching season 2 of the regular Aussie one (now up to episode 75 and just over one week away from the finale), I'm a fan.

Fox, don't f**k it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I gave up on Kitchen Nightmares last year.. and haven't bothered from Hell's Kitchen!

And I gave up a few episodes into Aussie Masterchef this year - when Watch start showing it on Sky, I'll put them on series-link.

It's Fox.. so it'll be scripted, but it will hopefully be entertaining with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've only ever watched the UK version of Masterchef.

I love Gordon Ramsey but I don't know what he'll be like on this :confused: Greg and John on the UK one offer support and guidance to the contestants. Is Gordon going to be like that or are they going to have them as his usual grumpy/shouty self?

I love Gordon Ramsey but I don't know what he'll be like on this :confused: Greg and John on the UK one offer support and guidance to the contestants. Is Gordon going to be like that or are they going to have them as his usual grumpy/shouty self?
    Both I'd say..

.. similar to how he's portrayed in 'Kitchen Nightmares'.

An often angry bastard who offers good advice to those in need!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i hope this dont mean hell's kitchen is finished i love that show with ramsay but will check this out also

• Advertisement

HK Season 8 starts at the end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will E4, 3e or TV3 show this :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Is there much evidence that he can actually cook himself, i've only ever seen him roar and shout and maybe throw together an omlet or soup.

changes wrote: »
    Is there much evidence that he can actually cook himself, i've only ever seen him roar and shout and maybe throw together an omlet or soup.
    No, he's definitely talented!

"DONE!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. I didn't really like it. The sentiment from the AU/NZ show was there, but it was hollow. The cheesy drama was ladled on (double food pun high five).

Like the cocky guy who they made cry, or the woman who was cooking from her dead mum's cookbook, or the dad who was asked to bring his wife and kid in. Typical Fox over-produced melodramatic bull****.

Hopefully once these auditions are over, it'll settle down....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Watch UK is showing this now every night at 7pm, currently on Season 2, not keen on the judges and I like Gordon

Advertisement