Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this real??

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, just got this email a few mins ago. I haven't used the account in probably 6 months but was planning on resurrecting it next week to get ready for Cataclysm. Copy and paste is below

WoWAccountReviewEU@blizzard.com to me
    show details 21:27 (6 minutes ago)
    English speaking customers: Please refer to the start of this mail
    Für deutschsprachige Kunden: Bitte beachten Sie den zweiten Teil der Nachricht
    Pour les clients français: Veuillez vous rendre à la troisième partie de ce message
    Para los clientes españoles: Por favor vayan al cuarto apartado de este correo electrónico.
    Русскоговорящие игроки: пожалуйста, прочтите последнее сообщение этого письма.

***Notice of Account Closure***

Account Name: ********************

Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Use of Third Party Automation Software

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified using an unauthorized cheat program, also known as a "hack." These programs provide character benefits normally not achievable in the World of Warcraft. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls/boundaries. Use of these unauthorized programs harm the game environment because they offer an unfair advantage over other players and supersede the intended limits of the game.

Please review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/legal/termsofuse.html, which you accepted when you installed World of Warcraft and established the account(s). Section 2, Paragraph 3 details the limitations of game play modifications and use of any third-party or packet sniffing software. In addition, Section 2, Paragraph 3, parts iii and iv restrict the use of any hack, scripting or macroing software which obtains information from World of Warcraft to gain a competitive advantage over other players.

For any disputes of this action or further information on Exploitive Activity, please visit the Exploitative Activity FAQ and contact page here:
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/41654

Thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter and respecting our position and all statutes within the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment Europe
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/index.xml

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Don't click any links in that mail. Goto battlenet and check your account.

Could have been hacked and used during those 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

I thought that could have happened. Don't worry, no clicking was done!

Its saying I have to enter a battlenet authenticator number. I never got an authenticator! Should I just call them tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Its saying I have to enter a battlenet authenticator number. I never got an authenticator! Should I just call them tomorrow?

Yep. You were hacked.

Sh*t. :mad: Is it likely I'll get the account back? Pc is clean, firewall & spyware/antivirus is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah, they'll most likely be able to help you. I got 3 strikes on my account while it was hacked and contacted billing for help. They should be able to track the IP change when someone else was using your account. Just be patient, explain the situation as best you can and remember, this is ultimately your fault; and you should be sorted in 2-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Some weird things with hackers taking inactive accounts and using them as farmers. How do they know that the account isn't being used anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Columc wrote: »
    Some weird things with hackers taking inactive accounts and using them as farmers. How do they know that the account isn't being used anymore?
    armory data probably.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Cheesebread

you can see on cheesebread that ive done SFA since the end of june.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yup, same thing happened here while my account was inactive.

When I decided to start back up it had an authenticator attached too.

Gits had cleared out my characters, cleared out my guild bank and changed professions to mining for farming.

Got everything back over a couple of days though and attached my own authenticator afterwards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

You were hacked long before you got that email above. That is a legit one from Blizz.

Goto https://eu.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=en_GB Fill in as much detail as possible about your account. Sit back and wait for reply. Scan computer - change every password you have for anything that comes in contact to your wow account. Blizz will try to get everything back plus you will probably end up with a little more.

Worst case senario you ave been hacked for the last 6 months. They never go back more then 2-3months when investigating. Not sure why tbh. :(

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

That's what happened to my account.

Don't worry you'll get your account back. You'll also get quite a lot of gold :)

Just contact Blizzard with your details.

Also your character will have the cool little authenticator pet without having an authenticator on your account.

Advertisement