Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howling dogs at funeral

Options
  • 13-07-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Was at a funeral recently. During the burial myself and my Mum heard dogs howling somewhere in the background f the cemetary. We didn't think anything of it. After the funeral at the afters we were chatting to some people and my Mum made a remark to about how loud those dogs sounded from the burial. The unusual thing was that no one else appeared to have heard them.
    can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation, but since I was not there I cannot provide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Diom

chirogirl wrote: »
    Was at a funeral recently. During the burial myself and my Mum heard dogs howling somewhere in the background f the cemetary. We didn't think anything of it. After the funeral at the afters we were chatting to some people and my Mum made a remark to about how loud those dogs sounded from the burial. The unusual thing was that no one else appeared to have heard them.
    can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Sound waves bounce around... off buildings, cars, trees etc... It can often happen that you are stood in a position to hear a thin beam of sound that only people close to you can hear... like a beam of light.
    You often see parabolic dishes at science fairs. One person whispers into on dish on one side of a hall, and a person on the other side will hear it loud and clear. If someone walks in between the sound is blocked.

There really is nothing disconcerting about what you heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Thanks!

Advertisement