Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon Fishing

Options
  • 13-07-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I used to go fishing near coothall in roscommon on my summer holidays when i was younger, from what I recall it was mainly roach, perch and pike. roach/perch we caught using maggots and then we might use a roach head or spinner for pike fishing. This was 15 years ago since I last went when i was in my early teens.

How do people think I would fare with this same technique, what are the best methods for catching pike especially? What times of day should I look at for best results and what signs should I watch out for to know they are feeding? Weatherwise also, what should I pay attention to?

If anyone knows any particular spots please send me a PM and I'll tell you where I specifically was planning to go at the moment (I read another thread on here asking not to be specific w.r.t pike fishing in roscommon because of poachers so please pm)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I'm from Roscommon! Yeah you could get away with lure fishing, but the money is in the deadbait fishing, mind you im sh1t at it. In terms of weather, use this website. It judges wether or not it will be a good fishing day. http://www.fishingreminder.com/
    In terms of where to go, I have no clue. I posted a similar thread to this a couple of days ago. I don't really like pike fishing as in my eyes it involves alot of luck, lure fishing that is. Deadbait on the other hand is very effective but I haven't really given it a fair shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Wait till october if you want to go pike fishing....

Advertisement