Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP-Spitting on my car!!! Pics below!

Options
  • 13-07-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Ok, dunno what to do or where I stand with this-if its illegal or what but basically, I work in the phoenix park (for OSi) and not for the guards, I go to lunch most fridays in Cummiskys, a place where many of the guards from Garda HQ, zoo staff and local gos for lunch. All I can surmise is that some individual has a beef against the guards and seen me going in one day, thought i was a guard (I do look like one apparantly!) and has ever since been gobbing on my car whenever he see's it! And yes, its definitely human spit, not cukoo spit (WTF??), bird crap or anything else, its only on my car as far as I can see and its happened about 4 times now in the last 3 months, its disgusting and I dont want to have to go out of my way for the sake of one scumbag!

Any opinions/advice/wisdom??

Thanks in advance,
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

aliocroc wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Ok, dunno what to do or where I stand with this-if its illegal or what but basically, I work in the phoenix park (for OSi) and not for the guards, I go to lunch most fridays in Cummiskys, a place where many of the guards from Garda HQ, zoo staff and local gos for lunch. All I can surmise is that some individual has a beef against the guards and seen me going in one day, thought i was a guard (I do look like one apparantly!) and has ever since been gobbing on my car whenever he see's it! And yes, its definitely human spit, not cukoo spit (WTF??), bird crap or anything else, its only on my car as far as I can see and its happened about 4 times now in the last 3 months, its disgusting and I dont want to have to go out of my way for the sake of one scumbag!

Any opinions/advice/wisdom??

Thanks in advance,
    Al

Sign on the window? .. "I wipe your spit on my knob"

(I do look like one apparantly!) .............I dont want to have to go out of my way for the sake of one scumbag!

Al

1) what does a guard look like ?
    2) What do you mean by going out of your way ?

As an aside I reckon the reason they gob on your car is highly unlikely to be because they think you are a Garda, that's just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd just throw a bottle of water in the boot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Are you a skoda driver? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Four times in three months?

I was expecting you to say it is a few times every day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

That's a lot of gob, more like a reptile than a human :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Do you park inconsiderately?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Base ball bat very hard to spit when its half way down his neck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This is what you really need. Tends to work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

next time, go to centra, buy a roll.
    go to cumiskeys car park and park car.
    sit on wall eating roll.

watch for person spitting.
    then smack them with your roll :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

bijapos wrote: »
    This is what you really need. Tends to work.

That or a baseball bat for the more 'personal touch!'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You should take up teaching.
    Disgusting as it is, this is what many teachers face every single day at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Hi folks,
    Ok, dunno what to do or where I stand with this-if its illegal or what but basically, I work in the phoenix park (for OSi) and not for the guards, I go to lunch most fridays in Cummiskys, a place where many of the guards from Garda HQ, zoo staff and local gos for lunch....
    Al

Walking distance from where you work...
    Use your feet and leave the car at work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I know exactly how you feel.

I was in Cahir one day on work business. Parked the car on barrack street. Came out and saw the whole passenger side windows covered in what I !think! was regurgitated chips. FVcken disgusting scumbags!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

.17hmr wrote: »
    Base ball bat very hard to spit when its half way down his neck
    Max_Damage wrote: »
    That or a baseball bat for the more 'personal touch!'
    No more of that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

bmstuff wrote: »
    Walking distance from where you work...
    Use your feet and leave the car at work ;)

Would love to, its just outside walking distance though-plus the women in the gang tend to find long walks harder in heels!
    spurious wrote: »
    You should take up teaching.
    Disgusting as it is, this is what many teachers face every single day at work.

Know what you mean spurious-sorry to hear thats every day for ya-I tried being a teacher for a bit-happened a few times!
    Four times in three months?

I was expecting you to say it is a few times every day!

Four times in 3 months might seem sparse but, once is too much! No-one should have to deal with it! And I only go there once a week & dont always drive-we take turns in work-but when i do drive i come out to a window/wing mirror covered in it!
    RoverJames wrote: »
    1) what does a guard look like ?
    2) What do you mean by going out of your way ?

As an aside I reckon the reason they gob on your car is highly unlikely to be because they think you are a Garda, that's just my opinion though.

And as far as looking like a guard-i have no clue!!! I was told it in secondary school, was told it in college, even had guards think I was one of them! Dont think its ever helped in coppers though...! :cool:

Going out of my way means having to take a more inconveinent option-driving out to castleknock etc-esentially having to leave the park! (Im not being lazy-just dont wanna spend lunch in traffic!)

Might have nothing to do with the Garda thing but, i dont have any enemies and i dont know what else it could be!? Co-incidence? Bad luck?

baaaa wrote: »
    Do you park inconsiderately?

Nope, I park in line with the other cars! i should specify, I park in the phoenix park, on the North Road, runs parallel to Blackhorse Avenue. theres usually about 5-6 cars parked there most lunch times, esp fridays!

Thanks for all the replys folks, i dunno whether to get all Inspector Clueso on it or to go with the Knob suggestion! Haha! i'll keep the bottle of water in the car for the meantime I think! (Gross as it is-this stuff is sticky-took water, tissue and elbow grease to get it off last time!) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

All I can surmise is that some individual has a beef against the guards

Hmmm, He should be troubling you anymore I should think.;)

And I only go there once a week & dont always drive-we take turns in work-but when i do drive i come out to a window/wing mirror covered in it!

Very easy so, if it's always spat on when you leave it there have you or someone else observe who does it, then ask them why are they doing it and could they please refrain from doing so in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Just don't go to Comiskey's. Not that hard to figure out!

And what are OSI women wearing heels to work for? To try to pick up OSI men?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The scumbag may be a cop. Hey - everyone is a suspect until they are eliminated from enquiries. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Are you a pr1ck in work. maybe its one of your colleagues. :D
    ah no maybe the owner of comiskeys is jealous when you arrive in everyday with a boot load of wimmin. :D:D

Advertisement