Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadstart / Portable Power Station?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Heading off to Europe later this month and want to buy a portable power station in case I get stranded. Can anyone recommend one that could dead-start a 2.8 diesel turbo engine and where would I be able to buy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

have a look at the " ring professional power pack " at halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Bring a set of jump leads too. You will never be very far away from another MH in France. At the worst you could take out your leisure battery and jump start the engine with it if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Anything that I've seen that says less than 1600A has been a toy, the good ones now seem to have two sealed lead acid batteries. I'm not sure if you can find them anymore because of the european abhorence of cadmium but my dad has a nicd one at work that starts a 16 cylinder cummins no problem and its more than 10 years old, a lead acid one would be dead many years ago. NiCd are ideal for this type of application.

Advertisement