Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare battery for Desire

Options
  • 13-07-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭

So my second battery (which I ordered when ordering the phone itself) finally arrived today.

Just wondering what's the best way to go about maximising it's value.

Will charging it up and just leaving it aside for when it's needed have any negative effect?

Or should I switch batteries regularly to make sure both are getting a bit of use every now and then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

where did you get it from, how much, i would alternate between , anyone know how many charges these can take? seen a nice cradle here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-Charger-Sync-Cradle-slot-HTC-Desire-battery-/360278846546?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_RL&hash=item53e24aec52

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Got it from Clove.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    So my second battery (which I ordered when ordering the phone itself) finally arrived today.

Just wondering what's the best way to go about maximising it's value.

Will charging it up and just leaving it aside for when it's needed have any negative effect?

Or should I switch batteries regularly to make sure both are getting a bit of use every now and then?

I think what dad used to say was to charge it over-night (don't even touch the phone nor unplug it :L) and in the morning (should have been on 100% for some hours) use it through out the day without charging it until it completely discharged, charge it over-night again and you're ready to go!:L It won't reach it's full capacity for 2-3 months of constant use but it will be fine. Btw dads phones never ran out of Battery (long live that 6310i:rolleyes:):L:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

jwcurtin wrote: »
    I think what dad used to say was to charge it over-night (don't even touch the phone nor unplug it :L) and in the morning (should have been on 100% for some hours) use it through out the day without charging it until it completely discharged, charge it over-night again and you're ready to go!:L It won't reach it's full capacity for 2-3 months of constant use but it will be fine. Btw dads phones never ran out of Battery (long live that 6310i:rolleyes:):L:D

LOL that might have applied in the previous century but the memory effect doesn't apply to modern lithium batteries.

I'd happily put up with an extra half inch in the thickness of the desire if I could get a battery life receiving a day of normal smart phone use

Advertisement