Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kronenbourg 1664

Options
  • 13-07-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Does anybody know if this is available any where in the south-east or even in the republic? I've never seen it for sale here, and can't get enough of it when on holidays in France/Spain.

Cheers,
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It has sorta disappeared, something to do with a brewery take-over a while back. Someone here will know exact facts :)

I'd like to know too where it can be obtained, I usually get some in Newry unfortunately.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

gurramok wrote: »
    Someone here will know exact facts
    Or at least surmise wildly :)

Kronenbourg was distributed by Beamish & Crawford as both companies were part of Scottish & Newcastle. Scottish & Newcastle was dismembered by Heineken and Carlsberg, with Beamish going to one and Kronenbourg to the other. So, I'm guessing that the licence to distribute Kronenbourg was withdrawn at this point and -- if no-one else took it up, as happened with Miller -- the beer disappeared from the Irish market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

BeerNut wrote: »
    if no-one else took it up, as happened with Miller -- the beer disappeared from the Irish market.

Surprising that no one took up Miller. It seemed to be fairly popular piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Surprising that no one took up Miller. It seemed to be fairly popular piss.

Ok, thats the 2nd time a post has been made about Miller gone the way of Kronenbourg. Its available in Tesco & dunnes right now and also in the pubs!

Unless of course ye are talking about that it only disappeared for a while and made a comeback :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Apologies for my wonky prose: I meant that someone did take Miller up: Richmond, who now distribute a Dutch-brewed version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is this the beer that they always have advertised in the Sunday Times magazine? Where they were saying that it was brewed by monks?

Advertisement