Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help...HKC GSM dialler

Options
  • 13-07-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Did my homework...Asked the experts here...Contacted HKC...Contacted Security & Risk ltd who installed sim card...Contacted O2. Everyone said using own payg sim would be no problem.
    I got myself a HKC GSM unit... Installed it...programmed it...Great, worked perfectly on original sim, while waiting for new sim to arrive. Changed sim and now cannot enter the GSM menu.
    Enter engineer code for "service menu", them 9 for "serial port menu", then 6 for "dialler menu"....OK so far
    press yes and get request to "edit gsm code...gsm code read". Pressing yes or no here makes no difference. I have to enter a code and verify by repeating. I get a "successful", although I think I could enter any code and verified it successfully ( ie change code). Anyway the problem is I get caught in a loop here . Looking at the menu options, I think I'm in "digi modem text card menu, which is not installed. I cant get back into "GSM Service Menu" to change / adjust programming. The only thing I can think of that I may have done wrong is sending the command "Reset" thinking I was resetting the alarm. I now know this resets the gsm card (should have read the manual twice). I can still text the alarm on etc., just can't access the programming menu
    Any help seriously appreciated.
    tapest

Tried replacing the original sim card...same, can't enter GSM menu with either card...
    t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

When you enter the dialler menu and you are promted to enter a GSM code type in 1111. This changes the remote code on the GSM to match the remote default code on the panel. This should slove your problem.

You cand change this code GSM : 1234 but then you must go to the remote code in the panel and change the remote code R01 to 1234 to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Cadzer wrote: »
    When you enter the dialler menu and you are promted to enter a GSM code type in 1111. This changes the remote code on the GSM to match the remote default code on the panel. This should slove your problem.

Thanks very much. I'll try that as soon as I can...When I was getting no replies I was starting to panic...I've got someone talking to me...Now that I've got a hold of ye, I'll hand on for dear life...

"You cand change this code GSM : 1234 but then you must go to the remote code in the panel and change the remote code R01 to 1234 to match."

Can you explain than again

and Will I be able to reset the gsm engineer code to my own again without Un-syncing the two units, i e if I change the code from 1111 to my own , after I reprogramme the gsm, will the unit work and will I be able to "find" the GSM menu again without going back to 1111...If you know what I mean

Many thanks
    t

tapest wrote: »

Thanks very much. I'll try that as soon as I can...When I was getting no replies I was starting to panic...I've got someone talking to me...Now that I've got a hold of ye, I'll hand on for dear life...

"You cand change this code GSM : 1234 but then you must go to the remote code in the panel and change the remote code R01 to 1234 to match."

Can you explain than again

and Will I be able to reset the gsm engineer code to my own again without Un-syncing the two units, i e if I change the code from 1111 to my own , after I reprogramme the gsm, will the unit work and will I be able to "find" the GSM menu again without going back to 1111...If you know what I mean

Many thanks
    t

When you enter the dialler menu it will say " GSM remote code is out of sync " something like that. Then GSM Code : _ _ _ _ _ _ type in 1111 then Verify it 1111. This will then display Dialler menu. Press yes to enter the menu again. Cheaking Access , Access Ok. If you dont get this message then go and change the remote code in the panel to 1111 and try again.

You will have to allow the GSM unit sync back up with the panel before you can send / recive text. When you are adding the new SIM card ensure that the SIm card has PIN requset turn off as the GSM will not reqister the sim card if Pin is on. Hope this helps.

Thanks Cadzer...but I may have mislead you. Sorry for being a pain, but I'd like to check with you again before I enter "111" to re sync the 2 units. The current position is this: I cannot enter the GSM menu with either gsm card. The original card will now not send texts because it is out of credit and I did not sign up for contract. However I think both sims will receive texts commands, Certainly the new sim will send and receive texts. I can arm alarm with texts and get confirmation, ie it appears as it should except i can't get in to reprogramme / change settings.
    With that in mind, should I go ahead and use "1111" .
    Again sorry for being a pain in butt

tapest

Enter the 1111. This is a Remote code that allows HKC products to communicate . It will not effect your set up it will just reastablish the correct comms between the panel and the GSM. If you cant get the GSM talking to the panel let me know and i will give you a ring and talk you thought it.

• Advertisement

Enter the 1111. This is a Remote code that allows HKC products to communicate . It will not effect your set up it will just reastablish the correct comms between the panel and the GSM. If you cant get the GSM talking to the panel let me know and i will give you a ring and talk you thought it.

Why...Oh Why do I ever doubt you guys here.....Worked Brilliantly. Some odd messages on way through. But it's done and tested.

Many thanks
    One thing though...I would have imagined that reset code should have come with GSM unit.
    Question...What caused the problem....Changing the sim card or sending the command "reset". If the latter, they really ought to have included the 1111 code

Again I owe you guys another onr
    tapest

The comand "Reset" should only reset the Sim card. It should have no effect on the GSm codes.

Im glad its up and working away.
    If you have any more questions you know we are :D

Cadzer
    One last question, to satisfy curiosity, what does "reset the Sim card" mean exactly??
    t

tapest wrote: »
    Cadzer
    One last question, to satisfy curiosity, what does "reset the Sim card" mean exactly??
    t

It means that the SIM card reader resets / drops the Sim card off line and then it reregisters with the network.

Advertisement