Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery Range's?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

hi Guys and Gals,

I have been looking around on the web and i cant seem to find anywere but i was wondering is there any Archery Ranges that i could go to for practice.
    At the moment i just started a club and its only once a week but i want to practice more often.
    Is there places like an Archery range that one could go to to practice?
    I could practise at home but with no proper/decent targets to hit im either breaking or losing arrows in the grass.

And i believe that if i had a decent place to go to practice i might learn and train better without disturbance's from the wife and kids.

Cheers
    Danny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hey Danny.

Generally there are some level of local clubs about the place that have training facilities. However, these are usually borrowed fields or pitches and are limited to club training times for shooting. There are one or two dedicated grounds (one in Summerhill, Meath, the other is in planning stages!) that AFAIK are 24/7 for club members.

Where are you based? When you say .....
    At the moment i just started a club ............

........... did you mean you started in a club, or started up a new club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rhood

There is an archery range not to far from you in Portlick which I think you can use every day if your a member and Athboy Club have 2 ranges which can be used 7 days a week. Contact details for both can be found on IAAA website.R.H.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

Sorry Panserborn i just startetd in a club. just finished my 2nd night of training.

Im in Athy but work in leilxlip.

Nerver came across that range Rhood. will search again.

Cheers.
    Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Haha, no worries, was just wondering if there was a new club.

Have fun, you chose a great sport!!!!!

Advertisement