Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bars with good beer selection?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend bars in dublin city centre that have good selections of unusual/microbrewed beers?
    i'll be having a friend from far away visiting and would like to show off haha
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The Porterhouse on Parliament Street.

Then next door to Zaytoon for the best kebab in Dublin, sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 graw

The porterhouse is a gem! but I recently found out about ''The Bull and Castle'' which is located near Christ Church/adjacent to the Jury's Hotel. In the bull and castle you can get a wide range of Irish, German & Belgian beers mostly. Make sure to try the Galway Hooker! Sláinte!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The porterhouse and bull and castle and there is a new one in stonybatteer L Mulligan Grocer http://www.lmulligangrocer.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A league below all of these, but still with a decent selection, is O'Neill's on Suffolk Street. They have beer from Carlow, Franciscan Well, Hooker and Hilden.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

There's The Ginger Man on Fenian Street as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

cool, thanks for all those!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 battycow

The bull and castle is great for selection and they do the "Steins", O' neills is a lovely pub alright, so many corners to cozy into. Porterhouse would be the least of my fav's.not really sure why, think because its always so packed!

Advertisement