Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost receipt and Damaged product

Options
  • 13-07-2010 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice and would greatly appreciate some help.
    At 5pm today my partner and I bought a €250 gaming chair in Argos. We handed the worker behind the desk the receipt for him to stamp. We picked up the box and headed off for the car and forgot the receipt.
    We just got home and assembled the chair. We just tested out the sound and realized that there are some major faults with the product's sound output.
    We paid in cash and have absolutely no idea what to do. If we were to send it back to the manufacturer for repair we would need the receipt.

If anyone has anything to contribute, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Catherine H.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Argos are usually quite good with returns, granted I've never tried with out a receipt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice and would greatly appreciate some help.
    At 5pm today my partner and I bought a €250 gaming chair in Argos. We handed the worker behind the desk the receipt for him to stamp. We picked up the box and headed off for the car and forgot the receipt.
    We just got home and assembled the chair. We just tested out the sound and realized that there are some major faults with the product's sound output.
    We paid in cash and have absolutely no idea what to do. If we were to send it back to the manufacturer for repair we would need the receipt.

If anyone has anything to contribute, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Catherine H.

A receipt is not essential but some proof of purchase is required. Argos usually are excellent with returns - go back with the boxed up product in its original packaging (including the little stickie that records the catalogue number) and tell them the time you purchased it and that you left the receipt behind. I don't think you'll have any difficulty - their electronic records will confirm your purchase. Above all, stay pleasant and courteous - expect to be treated the same in return and it generally pans out in your favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It should also be covered by manufacturers warrenty,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Start with Argos, as that is where you purchased the product.

Explain the circumstances and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CacaLuvsCuddles

I would just like to thank everyone for your help.
    2 days after purchase I returned to the place of purchase, they gave me another copy of the receipt. After I told them about the fault, I was referred to another store who had another Xrocker in stock.
    They did a straight swap and it works fantastically.

I would recommend an X Rocker Pro to anyone. Its fantastic.

Again, many thanks.

Catherine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for coming back to update us - much appreciated

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

I have the same problem. I also bought it in Argos.

My samsung tv that i bought in June has stopped working & i have lost the receipt.

I have the original box but it's missing the top layer of polystyrene.

Does this matter too much?

I bought it on the Credit Card so would that do as proof of purchase?

Also can i get my money back rather than a replacement as i do not want another samsung tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The visa statement would do as a receipt.

The TV will prob be repaired/ replaced with another one unless they are not available in which case you could use the amount paid against another TV or get a refund. I would give your local store a call before you lug the telly back in just to see what is lightly to happen.

Advertisement