Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N2 - Emyvale bypass proposals

Options
  • 12-07-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I believe there were proposals for the new emyvale bypass on display in the four seasons last week. Two of the planned routes go through my house. obviously I'm distraught. What can I do to prevent it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

I believe there were proposals for the new emyvale bypass on display in the four seasons last week. Two of the planned routes go through my house. obviously I'm distraught. What can I do to prevent it?

Go down to the route of the Galway Outer City Bypass and bring home some of the rare, glow-in-the dark Connacht fire slugs. Then bring them home, and employ some out of work slugologists to find them by accident. Get a reporter from the local newspaper to report it.

Should buy you 5 years anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

We had someone else with a problem like yours on here a few weeks ago (in their case the M11 was to go through their home). Firstly, as was pointed out there, the proposed corridors at this stage give the designers 500m of width to play with. Once they've chosen a specific corridor, then will then position the road within the 500m corridor to avoid as many houses and other constraints as possible (the landtake for the road in the end will be a maximum of 100m for a motorway, and less for other types of road). In short, don't panic yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭123easy

When you are driving do you take the new bypasses around congested towns and motorways or do you drive the old reclassified routes. I bet you take the bypassess & motorways.

You cant make an omelette without breaking eggs and land has to be CPOd if your land affected (i.e. acquired) rest assured you will be well compensated financially. I should also point out if your land is not acquired you will get absolutely nothing by way of financial compensation irrespective of how close the road is to you. This is a well established legal principle.

New roads significantly reduced road deaths. So enough of your NIMBYism think of the common good and the compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigdaddy2010

I'm all for change and welcome the new roads. We definitely need them. Just concerned over my living situation. If they can avoid my house I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigdaddy2010

Furet wrote: »
    We had someone else with a problem like yours on here a few weeks ago (in their case the M11 was to go through their home). Firstly, as was pointed out there, the proposed corridors at this stage give the designers 500m to play with. Once they've chosen a specific corridor, then will then position the road within the 500m corridor to avoid as many houses and other constraints as possible (the landtake for the road in the end will be a maximum of 100m in the end for a motorway, and less for other types of road). In short, don't panic yet.

Thanks now I'll take that advise on board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement