Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 broadband dongle

Options
  • 12-07-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi, my 3 broadband has started acting weirdly... ive had the dongle for over a year, when the dialup box used to be orange with 9 bars of signal strength, then it turned classy and blue with 5 bars and horrendous adverts, and now the same blue but with less annoying adverts that pop out of the right hand side.

but with this newest update this is the procedure i have to do to get online...

put in stick, wait for usb connected, wait for usb disconnected, wait for usb connected, wait for usb connected.

instantly a grey 3connect box will pop up (xp based), which can be found (at least on my pc) in start > connect to > 3connect, where i get a connect / cancel buttons... it doesnt matter which one i click, connect fails, disconnect fails, although it does take the same time for both clicks (ho hum)

then, 3 software loads up and instantly tries to connect (auto connect is turned off) has no signal on the bars and fails (wait 20 secs)

then xp's 3connect pops up with connect / cancel, of which you have to click connect

then this will disappear and i am connected... although the 3 software is now telling me i have signal, and to click to connect.

if i change any part of this procedure, then i cant connect, and most of the time, the 3 software just hangs, requiring a ctrl-alt-del to shut it down.

does anyone know of a base fix to either stop the 3connect appearing (deleting the connection doesnt work, it just recreates itself) or to stop the 3 software from auto loading?

cheers!
    Tagged:

Advertisement