Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant, section E2?

Options
  • 12-07-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm just filling the maintenance grant form for my son and at section E2 what does it mean " awarding grant authority"?
    The story is that my son will start the first year in Oct and I'll also do a 1 year VTOS course .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

As far as I know the 'Awarding Grant Authority' refers to if you filled in any other children in 2010/11 academic year who will be attending a full-time third level account, plc course or garda training and if they have applied for a grant which authority did they get it from e.g. Dublin City VEC, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 korpy

In the Guidance Notes it states that:

"Documentary evidence for E2

If there are more than 2 dependent children,or the candidate’s parent, attending a full-time course in one of the institutions listed in question E2 of the application form, you must send us a letter from the college or institution confirming that the student(s) will be attending full-time in 2010/11."

And at the last section of E2 I have to fill: Awarding grant authority (if applicable) and I don't know what it does mean?

As I mentioned I'm going to start a FETAC level 5 VTOS course as a mature student.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Then you would list yourself in that section, and if you received a grant then you would write down the name of the authority who awarded you the grant in that section

So is this your sons first year? and it's your first year?
    If this is the case then you have never got a grant before so would leave it blank (unless there are any other siblings in the family who are attending college)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 korpy

Thanks Crucnchy Friends.
    It is my first year and also my sons first year as well.
    Thank you again

Advertisement