Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 1

Options
  • 12-07-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Just saw this via Engadget. Looks beautiful. I don't know about the UV thing, as UV light is obviously dangerous for your eyes, but aesthetically very pleasing all in all. Just a concept though :(

4784649606_cc32a6a57d_o.jpg

Sorry about the enormous pic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Design seems quite iP4ish with the metal band around the outside, but I quite like it. Certainly aestethically I go for the less=more principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That looks breathtaking but it just doesn't seem production ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I saw that earlier, someone tweeted about it with a similar "wow! this is amazing!" lead in.

Not a big fan myself :-/

Where have the search / home / back / menu buttons gone? And I've never thought much of the alumenium HTC design which they highlight as being 'premium'.

The built in stand looks like another moving part to break (and a pointless one at that).

And the UI they're displaying just looks awful.

+1 for orignial thinking.... but nah, this one's not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Have to say it looks cool but nothing to make me dump my Desire.

The "kickstand" looks lame and like Goodshape I reckon it would be easy to break. Lack of a front facing camera or flash on the back don't bode well for good pictures and the UI does nothing for me function wise but I like its overall colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Venom wrote: »
    Lack of a front facing camera or flash on the back don't bode well for good pictures

There's a front facing camera there. No flash though, you're right. Doesn't look like much thought was put into that other than "draw a wee circle here for camera. Done."

• Advertisement
Advertisement