Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Cooking Club Week 28: Chicken Stuffed with Goats Cheese and Spinach

Options
  • 12-07-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the lack of photos my usb ports are dead and I only have the laptop but I will try and get photos soon!!!

Dish is Chicken / Turkey Stuffed with Goats Cheese and Spinach Wrapped with Parma Ham served with roast vegetables. It serves 4 people.

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
    200 g goats cheese (I use the soft log from Aldi)
    150 g fresh spinach (could use frozen semi cooked)
    8 slices of Parma ham
    4 potatoes
    1 small sweet potato
    2 peppers
    4 carrots
    2 parsnips
    2 red onions
    1 courgette
    Salt
    Pepper
    Olive Oil

Method

Mash goats cheese with spinach to kind of form a paste. Cut a slit in each chicken breast and stuff with the spinach cheese paste. Salt and pepper each breast after its stuffed with the spinach cheese. Wrap each breast in 2 slices of Parma ham, secure with a cocktail stick. Put the chicken on a tray and cover fully with tin foil (or with cover for the dish).

Peel and roughly chop (about the 25 m * 20 m) potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, courgette (not necessary to peel potato personal choice). Chop peppers in half and de seed and chop onions small (or leave whole). Put all vegetables in to a large bowl, add salt, pepper, good dash of olive oil and swirl around for a few minutes until all the vegetables are covered in oil. Put the vegetables on an oiled tray.

Cook the chicken for about 35 - 45 min at 180 degrees Celsius in a fan oven!! Once cooked leave aside in a top oven / cool place for 10 min. To check the chicken is done cut one of the breasts and it should be fully white and not pinkie.

Cook vegetables for 45 - 55 min, at 180 degrees turning up the oven to about 220 degrees for the last 10 min. Stir the vegetables half way through to ensure even crispiness!!!

What I like to do is pour the juice from the chicken over the vegetables for the last 10 minutes, as it increases the flavour!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Could I use cream cheese instead of goats cheese? Or will it lack too much flavour?? I'm not a fan of strong cheeses but would like to make this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dinkie wrote: »
    Could I use cream cheese instead of goats cheese? Or will it lack too much flavour?? I'm not a fan of strong cheeses but would like to make this.

Doh sorry should have said that - I don't eat cow dairy or wheat!!!! Yup you can use phili or something the garlic one works but not the herb one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

This is a winner - the 1st of many hundreds of meals I cooked for my boyfriend ;)

I use Boursin instead of goats cheese. It's milder and nice and garlicky if you find goats cheese too heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Our Friday evening dinner!

Thank you, Pembily. Would you believe that I've never had this before? It being a contemporary classic and all that.

Anyway, it turned out lovely:

picture.php?albumid=1161&pictureid=6819

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I missed this one and will have to make it this week - it looks fab!! Yumm!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

This sounds [and looks!] absolutely amazing. Must try this sometime next week!! watch this space! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I made this last night! I like to trawl through the forum :p It was delicious and easy to make.

20130515201623.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Not a goat's cheese fan but it works great with cream cheese

Advertisement