Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

madza 6 anyone help

Options
  • 12-07-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

looking at a mazda 6 1.8 touring she is on donedeal ie shw down in wexford and looking at 3000 cash for her

Drove her last nite and she seems grand but anyone out there ever drive one she is a 2003 1.8 model 112000 miles on her very clean inside and out
    Are they reliable to own , i know the disels are a nightmare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

looking at a mazda 6 1.8 touring she is on donedeal ie shw down in wexford and looking at 3000 cash for her

Drove her last nite and she seems grand but anyone out there ever drive one she is a 2003 1.8 model 112000 miles on her very clean inside and out
    Are they reliable to own , i know the disels are a nightmare

Check the review here

From memory it came out pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blacksmith105

ANYONE OUT THERE DRIVE A MAZDA 6 COME ON LADS SHARE THE INFO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

We have a 2004 1.8 petrol Sports Touring. Only around 50,000 miles on it, but it's been very reliable. No problems with it at all. Nice to drive, nice big boot, loads of leg room in the back. The Sports Touring has pretty good spec (can't remember what it has over the Touring).

The only issue I have with it is that the suspension is very soft. My wife feels a bit car sick if she's a passenger on a long journey and she's reading/texting (particularly on bad roads) - but she doesn't have such problems in my Focus at all. I'm not usually a passenger in it, but I've experienced the same on occasion, and I've never suffered from travel sickness as a passenger in any other car. It only affects us if we're reading and not looking out the window.

This might not be an issue for you, though as the suspension might not be the same on the Touring (as opposed to the Sports Touring we have), and I don't know if it's typical of the model, but it's worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

I have a 04 mazda 6. I have put 58000 miles on it. It now has 79k on it. They are very reliable. Mazda parts are expensive and spurious parts are not available for everything. Common problems are with the throttle body. when you press the accelerator there can be a hesitancy. They can rust under the back wheel arches due to quality control issues on the body treatment at the factory.

Verdict they are very reliable, nice car to drive, they are a pig on fuel. I,m buying a diesel.
    Good car for the money tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

Few moths ago I sold 2003 Mazda6 1.8 petrol Comfort. There was 114000 miles on the clock and no problems at all. Had a car nearly 4 years and never needed anything. Seriously reliable. About a month after sale I met the new owner and she sait that she couldn't be more happy with the car. She also brought the car to a garage for inspection and mechanic said that it needs nothing.

For many people this won't matter but it is a boring car though. I was very confident in cars reliability but was never tempted to go for long journeys. Boght a 11 year old Saab with 1000000 problems and going to continent in August. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thewooton

Lads
    Looking at getting either a tdi passat or a mazda 6 1.8 petrol 2008 model.
    I do approx 30 miles per day.
    I thinks the mazda is a lovely looking car but reading all the stories about the Diesel version not very encouraging.Are the neew mazda 6 petrol s hard on juice,dont fancy a guzzler hence why i was also looking at the passat tdi.
    Any suggestions anybody.
    Thanks

Advertisement