Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paulo Nutini - Castlebar and Killarney - September 2010.

Options
  • 12-07-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Just announced on their Facebook page this morning.
    Paolo Nutini fresh from his amazing Oxegen appearance last weekend, is set to play The Royal Theatre Main Stage on 20th September 2010.
    Tickets €34.50 on sale with The Royal Theatre, ticketmaster and all usual outlets this Friday 16th July at 9am

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

I didn't think he was good at Oxegen, he was tanked when he started singing he was sort of slurring his words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I heard he was really good at Oxegen!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After an amazing performance on the main stage at OXEGEN, Paolo Nutini has announced dates at the TF Royal, Castlebar on Monday 20 September and INEC Kilarney on Tuesday 21st. Tickets are on sale this Friday at 9am

From MCD on Facebook

Wonder would they stick him in the O2 this time??? i no its pretty big but he has sold out the Olympia few times at this stage. If they kept ticket prices low it could sell well

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

jenno86 wrote: »
    I heard he was really good at Oxegen!

No, you heard he was tanked and slurring his words.

Seems like an odd venue for him to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's a perfect venue in my opinion. It's not too big, not too small, standing and seated.

And it's in the West! I thank the lucky stars we have the TF or we'd get nothing...

• Advertisement

Lemsiper wrote: »
    No, you heard he was tanked and slurring his words.
    :confused: No, I heard he was very good.
    Lemsiper wrote: »
    Seems like an odd venue for him to play.

Why? Is it not the biggest indoor venue in Ireland outside of Dublin? Think the o2 is the only indoor venue that is bigger in Ireland. I reckon it should be a great gig. Were you ever there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 3ibh

well i was there and i thought he was amazing!!:P Admittedly he does usually seem drunk on stage but i didnt think he was slurring his words at all!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FullHD

I didn't think he was good at Oxegen, he was tanked when he started singing he was sort of slurring his words

I didn't see him, but i think it's just the way he sings normally.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 culturevulture

garrycs69 wrote: »
    I didn't see him, but i think it's just the way he sings normally.:D
    I agree he has that sort of voice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is there any presale password or anything??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Castlebar is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

I saw him live about a year and a half ago, in the Academy, was absolutely atrocious, seemed to be off his face, and he gave several incredibly murderous looks to the members of the band...

HOWEVER, I would actually say that the money of the tickets is 100% justified if it's Liam Gerner supporting him again, was absolutely spectacular, but completely unknown.

Got 2 tickets this morning for Castlebar! Glad I did cause now its sold out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jighooligan

Thought he was great at Oxegen and only heard good things in regards to T In The Park! Lucky enough now that I got my tickets this morning so by the looks of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fluffybottom

anyone know how you can get vip tickets?

anyone know how you can get vip tickets?

Not that I know of. I'd say they would sell well tho! Sold out the Castlebar gig in around an hour I heard. Wonder will they release more before the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Heathers are supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheBeetles

Does anyone know if they will be releasing more tickets before the gig in Killarny or if anyone is selling 2 tickets, really want to go !!!:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tickets sold out and its only one show

Many boardies going to this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

jenno86 wrote: »
    Many boardies going to this?

It'll be my third time seeing him and i still cannot name one song by him. not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

mars bar wrote: »
    It's a perfect venue in my opinion. It's not too big, not too small, standing and seated.

And it's in the West! I thank the lucky stars we have the TF or we'd get nothing...

Spot on! Its a disgrace that there is no decent venue similiar to the TF in Galway city.
    eire1 wrote: »
    Heathers are supporting

And the were very good. But the second support band were terrific. They were a 4-piece rock band with a female singer and had a great sound. But I dont know what the were called. Anyone know/hear?

If they are supporting Paolo in Killarney tonight make time to get to see them - if rock is your thing!

Oh and Paolo was excellent...played for about 90 minutes with 1 encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Spot on! Its a disgrace that there is no decent venue similiar to the TF in Galway city.

As Mike Scott from the Waterboys has been saying for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kinvara64

Hi . also going to gig ,and am staying over, any recommendations where to go after gig !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 heavyhead

hi that second support band was CARLY CONNOR.cracking voice her ep is on sale on the nite for 5 euro 4 tracks ....................paolo played excellent gig me gf loved it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That was actually really great :) Well worth going.

I thought Heathers were cool, it was just a shame they kept the lights up, and even against the barrier at the front it was still really quiet.

I thought Carly Connor was rubbish... Although she has an excellent voice the actual quality of the songs was dreadful. I almost fell asleep standing up.

Paolo was wicked that's the best show i'v seen him put on and his band were brilliant. A shame they haven't toured the country properly before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 forbz86

I'd have to agree that Carly Connor was rubbish.. her voice is good, but it was just really bad middle-of-the-road-rock nonsense

Also, I thought Heathers were quite poor. Granted, I did arrive late so i missed that song, but otherwise thay were bad. very bad. Harmonies were way off and theire voices were just annoying and screechy sounding. Sorry Heathers!!

Paolo was brilliant though. In terms of his performance his couldn't be accused of holding back, he really looked like he got into it for each and every song. Very good band with him, and a good light show to go along with it.
    His cover of Time to Pretend by MGMT in the encore was a really good surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kinvara64

saw him in killarney last night , brilliant!!

Advertisement