Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Fusion 100 Alarm Installation - Need alarm engineer

Options
  • 11-07-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

On advice from the board, I purchased the above alarm, but I've had a major roadblock getting it up and running. In a long story cut short, the original installer (a supposed buddy of mine) is highly unreliable and I won't deal with him anymore.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who would be interested in installing the above alarm for me? I'm based in Newbridge, Kildare and my apartment is prewired.

Fin

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its an easy enough system to install if you want to have a go yourself. If not give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

fintastic wrote: »
    Hi,

On advice from the board, I purchased the above alarm, but I've had a major roadblock getting it up and running. In a long story cut short, the original installer (a supposed buddy of mine) is highly unreliable and I won't deal with him anymore.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who would be interested in installing the above alarm for me? I'm based in Newbridge, Kildare and my apartment is prewired.

Fin

If you let us know what problems your having we would be more than happy to help you. If you need someone to install it for you send me a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Or just ring astec and they might talk you through it.
    Don't think the fusion comes with an installation manual

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    Don't think the fusion comes with an installation manual

That's correct. You just get the menu map. Its very straightforward though.

I did not know astec will talk you through the installing plus programming of there alarm systems :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    I did not know astec will talk you through the installing plus programming of there alarm systems :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried to stop Frank talking?m :rolleyes:;)

koolkid wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to stop Frank talking?m :rolleyes:;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fintastic

altor wrote: »
    If you let us know what problems your having we would be more than happy to help you. If you need someone to install it for you send me a P.M.

Hi Altor, my problems are mainly the electrical side of things, and general DIY skills! I tend to struggle with all things that don't have a keyboard attached.

The keypad and the alarm's mainboard are all wired up and just have to be positioned on the wall. Hooking up the external bellbox wouldn't be too much of an issue either. It's the electrical parts I don't how to do - extending power from the fusebox to the mainboard, and I also might possibly need to extend power to the front of the apartment for the bellbox - it looks like the builders covered the original external power cable in the wall when plastering...

Anyhow, I've been talking to one of the forum's members who kindly passed their phone number on to me to help dig me out of the mess I'm in.

fintastic wrote: »
    Hi Altor, my problems are mainly the electrical side of things, and general DIY skills! I tend to struggle with all things that don't have a keyboard attached.

The keypad and the alarm's mainboard are all wired up and just have to be positioned on the wall. Hooking up the external bellbox wouldn't be too much of an issue either. It's the electrical parts I don't how to do - extending power from the fusebox to the mainboard, and I also might possibly need to extend power to the front of the apartment for the bellbox - it looks like the builders covered the original external power cable in the wall when plastering...

Anyhow, I've been talking to one of the forum's members who kindly passed their phone number on to me to help dig me out of the mess I'm in.

Hi fintastic,

It is never worth risking anything when it comes to electricity. Safety should come first. The alarm itself is simple to install plus test. You will always find a lot of helpful people here on the home security section, that's what we are here for ;)

With regard the external bell box cable it is more than likely behind a plate on a wall facing the front of the apartment.

Advertisement