Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear 11/07/10

Options
  • 11-07-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

one of the best episode for AGES - loved the super-saloons (though I think a white 'anything' is going to look rubbish (unless it's a GT3), so the porsche lucked out there) - personally, I'd have the Aston

Enjoyed the Camaro V AMG segment also.............the wedding thing was rank, but it was the only blip on tonight's show for me.............

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Yeah really good episode. I enjoyed the wedding bit myself.

Would defo have the Maser myself.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Wasn't great TBH
    Besides the Rubens Barichello lap and the drive around the industrial estate everythig else was weak.
    Its really time to give up on the reliant joke. it was only funny the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yesterday's episode was brilliant! I enjoyed it the whole way through, even both the SIARPC segments were good and I usually hate that!

The first episode of this series I thought was complete rubbish! Last week's one was very good and so was this weeks. Hope they keep that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

I thought that wedding bit was kinda funny, the bride looked seriously stressed and about to cry. Clarkson's tape trick was just meh.

The RAPIDE looks really cool, and you can really see how ugly the Panamera is when put next to other cars! The 'buzziness park race' lacked some punch - no overhead shots from a chopper or even from the top of a building etc, that was a bit lame.

And Ron from Harry Potter, come on now - it should have been Emma Watson. Or at least the shortie - Daniel Radcliff. Rupert who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I think the best bits of yesterday's show were the stars in the cars and the muscle car test.

There was some nice cinematrography in the muscle car race.

I thought they dragged out the test of the 3 cars (Maserati, Aston Martin and Porsche) too much. Fair enough feature them and have a bit of a race around the business park and the drag race, but they should've left it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Best noise in the show yesterday? For me, it's a tie between the Merc AMG and the Maseratti :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

I clearly wasn't watching the same show yesterday.

Racing around a business park in 4-door super cars? Chauffeuring people to a wedding in said 4-door useless-cars, with clarkson taping his trousers up with insulation tape? A robin reliant getting rolled on the track for the millionth time?

The only watchable part of the show was Rubens Barrichello setting the fastest lap.

I thought it was just tired, boring, and to me the whole thing is getting increasingly tedious to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Cond0r wrote: »
    A robin reliant getting rolled on the track for the millionth time?

I don't think Ken Block would have come all the way to London just for a 5 second Robin bit. I think there might be more of his stuff to come later in this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty dull stuff I have to say, the "Star..." segments were only of marginal interest. JC isn't really interested in F1 so the RB interview wasn't what it might have been. The wedding section was filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I really enjoyed the episode. The muscle car segment was well done. I liked the 4 door cars parts as they weren't really the typical challenge bits. The bride and groom looked really stressed but they should have known that it would happen if they relied on the 3 lads.

Rubens Barrichello did really well on his lap. Beating The Stig on his home track is great. I wonder will The Stig want to try and set a new time now?

Rupert did really well in the SITRPC too. It pays to listen to how The Stig tells you to go around the track. The interview didn't start off too well but got a lot funnier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Enjoyed most of the show apart from the Robin section and the wedding bit, was a tried and tested gag that went out ages ago and shows they are getting less inventive as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I thought it was total rubbish.

The wedding thing had been done a million times before (James gets lost, haw haw :rolleyes:), I hate SIARPC segments and was treated to TWO of them, and the muscle car thing was crap.

It's like they knew the the ratings would be down with the WC final on and shoved all the rubbish on while nobody would notice

Advertisement