Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R4 SDHC Problem

Options
  • 11-07-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Ok so i bought an r4 card for my sister off an irish website, downloaded the necessary files and stuff and its working perfect ..so i bought one myself of the same site and it will not work no matter how many times i try i can't get passed the loading screen, I have downloaded the files needed but it will not work...I saw from other peoples comments on other gaming websites that the firmware i need to download from the r4 website hasnt been updated since 2008..are they no longer working?

Can any one actually explain what the difference between an r4/supercard ds one/acekard is?

Thanks in advance

Moderators Note - No mention of flash cards being used to run DS games. I've deleted some words to that effect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

Sorry lads, does anyone have a solution? Its doin my head in not being able to play this thing :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

The whole 'R4' scene is one of copies of copies, there are dozens of different 'R4' cards, all from different places, all requiring their own firmwares that may or may not still be being updated by the clone makers! There are r4i, r4i sdhc, r4i ultra, r4i pro, r4 III, R4i RTS, Hyper R4, r4i revolution etc.

Then there are some attempts to get other firmwares to work on these cards, again depending on the clone one may work, but it's not an easy job to get it all sorted.

By all accounts the best place to figure all this out are the forums at gbatemp.net, the best cards seem to be the Acekard and the CycloDS - though there *are* clones of these too, if you buy a clone then the genuine firmwares and updates won't work - so be very careful, make sure you're buying a genuine card.

That said, your card should have come with a compatible firmware, or have a website address on it where you can d/l it - use this (and only this) firmware - read the web address on the card or packaging carefully - many of the clone makers have similar addresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Great post pH, some good guidelines there for any "card" shoppers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

Brilliant, thanks a million thats just what I needed :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm trying to get R4 SDHC deluxe working for someone and from what i heard it's one of the worst clones and this one may be a clone of a deluxe, it had YSMenu on it already when i was given it but ran with a lot of problems, will the wood firmware using the clone version of it work on a deluxe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement