Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL-KO Chassis

Options
  • 11-07-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have just bought 1999 Hymer 684 on an AL-KO chassis. I was told by the seller that it can be driven on a b licence as it's gross weight is limited to 3.5t. In the engine bay there is a al-ko plate which states that the gross weight is 3.85t. Do I need a c licence to drive this. There is also a fiat plate which states 3.5t and a Hymer plate on the passenger side which states that the weight is 3.5t I have heard of Al-KO chassis' being uprated, is this the case here.

Thanks
    Justin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Into Everything

I found out that I can drive this on B licence. Some info here for anyone who is interested.

http://www.motorhome-chooser.com/bg-weights-plates-payloads.php

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

the d.v.l.a is uk ?
    do the same apply here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I found out that I can drive this on B licence.

Why?
    Because you've got an older licence that goes up to 7.5 tons?

As I understand the plates, your 3.5 tonnes Ford/Hymer at some point got uprated Alko springs and is now a 3.85 tonne van ...which you can't drive if your licence only covers you for 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Into Everything

I have a new B licence (3.5t). The al-ko chassis is certified to 3.85t but hymer have certified the camper to only 3.5t which allows it to be driven on a B licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It's a bit weird that. You really only should have one plate with weigths on, the others should just have serial/VIN numbers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aja72

AL-KO chassis giving a better overall quality of ride and a new over-cab design allows for a generous internal locker for spacious storage.The gross weight of AL-KO chassis come with 4250kg

Advertisement