Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psytrance in Ireland?

Options
  • 11-07-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hey everybody, just wondering what the psytrance scene is like in Ireland,
    In Helsinki atm, and really got into it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

There's a fair bit of it around all right, usually in smaller one-off events.

Psy-trancers are generally pretty lovely and harmless people, even if I really can't get behind their music...

Careful though - it's as much of a weird cult as it is a genre of music - scientology with kickdrums, basically... Before you know it you'll be dressing up like a leprechaun, painting your face, stinking of Patchouli, living on a diet of buckfast and lentils and banging yeasty Slovakian chicks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

"Scientology with kick drums"
    That's bloody legend.

Only bettered by...

"Before you know it you'll be dressing up like a leprechaun, painting your face, stinking of Patchouli, living on a diet of buckfast and lentils and banging yeasty Slovakian chicks..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Psy-trancers are generally pretty lovely and harmless people, even if I really can't get behind their music...

Careful though - it's as much of a weird cult as it is a genre of music - scientology with kickdrums, basically... Before you know it you'll be dressing up like a leprechaun, painting your face, stinking of Patchouli, living on a diet of buckfast and lentils and banging yeasty Slovakian chicks...
    best post in months!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Says a lot that this is one of the first image results for 'psytrance'.

andy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

haha I dont mind chilling with lepreachauns or any other magical people, a few faries or pixies are always nice.

Il have to get the bush radio tuned in for some parties so

• Advertisement

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PTConnection-Events/55066084594?ref=ts

Joking apart, these guys can probably help you

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Hi Hudson. There are quite a few promotors of Psytrance in Ireland these days.
    You'll find all the legal parties advertised here:
    http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/parties.php3?saAtt[country]=Ireland

As it is summer there tends to be a lot more outdoor parties going on.
    www.life-festival.com is the main psy festival which also caters for other genres of electronic music. The same promotors, Neutronyx, also run the fairy forest at The Electric Picnic.

There are plenty of Scandos over here supporting the scene.
    And plenty of yeasty Slovakian chicks... Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

There is a small but growing psytrance scene in ireland. There was a great little psy party up in the mountains of connemara a couple of weeks ago. 200 people at it. Very nice bunch at it.

Keep an eye out on facebook, the parties are getting more and more regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adonai

guuuuuuuuuuuys please help with recent psytrance events in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

adonai wrote: »
    guuuuuuuuuuuys please help with recent psytrance events in Ireland?

Do some research. Find out who ran the Psy stage at Electric Picnic until 2012. Surely those guys are still running gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Sonic Arts Waterford i think had booked some acts which at least bordered on psytrance, maybe check out their website and see if any of the acts listed are playing in the near future around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Before you know it you'll be banging yeasty Slovakian chicks...

Truly world class post there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Sonic Arts Waterford i think had booked some acts which at least bordered on psytrance, maybe check out their website and see if any of the acts listed are playing in the near future around the country.

As a founder director of Sonic Arts Waterford (and one half of the booking team) I can confirm that this is a load of bollocks There was no psytrance at our festival nor will there ever be :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Luckily I said "I think" and "bordered on" in my post and didn't say that there definitely was actual psytrance music at SAW....otherwise I'd look pretty silly right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 psykota

why don't you try feel the music instead of listen to?

Advertisement