Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackhall Square Apartments

Options
  • 11-07-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

RE: Blackhall Square apartments Dublin 7

Hey

I have been living at blackhall square apts for the past year and i'm an owner occupier.

I am just wondering if there is a residents association that meets up regularly ( once a month) to discuss the management of the block, managing agents contract, issues with the managing agent, disputes, how our management fees are spent, puttingmanagement agents contract out to tender etc

The agent is employed by the owners of the block and unlike my friends apartment block where the owners are very involved and work closely with the managing agent there doesn't appear to be the same here.

There hasn't been anything on the notice boards since I moved in and if there isn't a residents group I would like to set one up.

Drop me a message if you are interested.

Thanks

John.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from the Help Desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pmdub

Hi John
    I am owner occupier at BS apartments and would be happy to join with you in setting up a committee. I realize you posted two years ago and I only found your message now. If in the meantime you have managed to garner some interest please let me know.
    Thanks
    Mary

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mary,

I think you'll get a lot more traction on it if you talked with the other people in your building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridgepeople

pmdub wrote: »
    Hi John
    I am owner occupier at BS apartments and would be happy to join with you in setting up a committee. I realize you posted two years ago and I only found your message now. If in the meantime you have managed to garner some interest please let me know.
    Thanks
    Mary

Hi Mary. I recommend you visit the Apartment Owners Network website if you haven't and take a look at their knowledge library. Also, I recommend that you try to attend one of their monthly meetings if you can.

I also suggest that you do not set up a residents committee. I don't see the point. The directors already have a committee which decides on the budget and how the money is spent. An additional residents committee would be a powerless talking shop in comparison. It can be useful in some cases I'm sure, but generally they are more for tenants than owners I think.

You are an owner occupier and as such you are a member of the manegement company and entitled to stand for election as a director. Contact your agent to ask for the director's email address or alternatively you can look the directors up in the company accounts which are published on the CRO website (worth downloading anyway if you don't have them) and contact them directly. I suggest you attend the next AGM if you haven't already been going to these.

The idea of becoming a director probably sounds daunting at first, but it is well worth it so that you can fully understand how your service charges are being spent and to ensure the development is managed well.

Advertisement