Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating at CCOC

Options
  • 11-07-2010 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I plan on reapplying for a FETAC course I dropped out of last year at Cork College of Commerce. Tried to apply online and since I'm in their records previously I'm instructed to do it in person. So my question is: What kind of welcome will I receive from some of your experiences? Will they allow me back or tell me get lost? Will they be snidey or genuinely be happy I'm retrying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Coggeh

Will depend on your reasons for repeating I would guess. For example if you were genuinely sick and could not complete the course then obviously they would not hold any grudges to you or if you got high grades in all your modules except maybe one which you failed then I doubt they could begrudge you repeating .
    On the other hand if you were pissing around and messing w/e and failed then be prepared for dirty looks .

What was your reason for dropping out?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

Well to be honest when I started the course I was going through a bad time, and studying was the last thing on my mind. But I still managed a few months, but eventually I quit by Christmas. The course director was more or less clued up about what was going on. But i didnt give any official confirmation that i was quitting, just sort of stopped attending

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I doubt it will make any difference to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Coggeh

Well to be honest when I started the course I was going through a bad time, and studying was the last thing on my mind. But I still managed a few months, but eventually I quit by Christmas. The course director was more or less clued up about what was going on. But i didnt give any official confirmation that i was quitting, just sort of stopped attending
    Ya I had the same dad was really sick and I got diagnosed with epilepsy and loads of other **** , their pretty understanding in there so I wouldn't worry I'd say you'll be fine.

Advertisement