Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Renewal?Loss

Options
  • 10-07-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all, I'm a first year PhD student on a full grant and I'm thinking of withdrawing from my course at the end of this year (August). I just wonder if anyone knows whether I will lose the grant forever if I leave? Will I be eligible to apply for the grant again in the future to do postgraduate work? Any info would be great-I dont want to contact my local authority as they might have a problem renewing my grant if I decide to stay. It's a big decision for me to walk away from a full grant! Arghh! Any help greatly appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You will be eligible as long as it is a continuation of your studies.

The real question you should be asking is Will there be a grant at all when you decide to resume studies?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 frankie15

That's certainly a worry too! Thanks, I've been thinking about going down the HDip route but this is'nt considered a continuation of my studies as it's a level below the PhD. Oh to have had the sense to do the HDip directly after the BA :(

Advertisement